Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Sauce for Baltimore Pit Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger Sauce for Baltimore Pit Beef

Meathead mentions a tiger sauce that includes "jarred horseradish in vinegar" in his article on Baltimore Pit Beef. Man I've looked everywhere for that stuff...our local grocery store, Wegman's, Best Buy, Pottery Barn, you name it. I live in Maryland...anyone out there found the stuff? I used a creamy horseradish in its place which stood tall and proud. But I always want to try the recommendations to the "T".

if im not mistaken, and i totally could be, most stuff bottled or jarred as "prepared horseradish" is done in vinegar

Comment

I can get you as much tiger sauce as you need. PM me your address and I'll ship it. Great stuff. Low heat, but has a sweat twang to it. My Papaw used to eat it on everything. Pa (father in law) makes a killer combo fajita with that stuff.

Comment

this stuff?
      Attached Files

Comment

I was in the same boat. They had the horseradish in the seafood section which was kelchners type. I checked the ingredients and saw they added "natural ingredients "(whatever that is). So I keep looking in the same store. (Not that there is anything wrong with kelchners but I wanted something more natural without making it myself which is an option). Well I found another brand down in the meat section by the bacon and sausage and pickles area. They call it the deli area where the cold sour kraut is. It’s called golds horseradish
      be sure to check there. The shopping place is ShopRite. Gold horseradish is horseradish,vinegar and salt.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FB5CFC04-9F48-4F8A-A1C5-2500DD0D2732.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	498833

Name:	E0C04F62-CD53-4EFA-BFD9-CC592E3FFD98.jpeg
Views:	384
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	498834

Name:	86DB8DD9-B772-4A92-ABBC-0376C37C9E32.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	498835

Comment

• theleeb
        theleeb commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man....I'll look for it locally...and internet.

Also mh has two recipes for the sauce in his article. FYI I love both so I go back and forth with them but I add scallions to both recipes which 1 of them doesn’t have. But they are both great.

Name:	36362905-5960-427F-B100-2CAF74730471.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	498837

Name:	DA1F894A-5016-4C91-91F9-CA8DC0676531.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	498838

Name:	D6222614-C13F-47C0-948A-5EFCA19A6ACC.jpeg
Views:	393
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	498839

Name:	E4ABE2F2-73E5-46C4-AAC4-D2521E04E8BB.jpeg
Views:	370
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	498840

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        Next time you make the sandwiches modify the rolls a bit. First brush the rolls with a egg wash and sprinkle on pretzel salt and caraway seeds, bake a few minutes to set the salt and seeds. You will then have kummelweck rolls. So good, so tasty.

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        That beef is beautiful.

Or try this. Read at the preparing the horseradish
      Hearst, Hearst Magazines, Good Housekeeping, Good Housekeeping Magazine, Jane Francisco, Good Housekeeping Institute, Good Housekeeping Seal, Seal of Approval, Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval

Comment

Looooove me some Tiger Sauce. That stuff is killer on some ribs!

Comment

Mr. Nuke em - those eats look fantastic...about as good as mine

Comment

• Nuke em
            Nuke em commented
            Editing a comment
            Always a work in progress. It’s never ending

Name:	IMG_1315.PNG
Views:	393
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	499396Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1313.PNG
Views:	402
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	499395 Skip adding the mayonnaise and just spread prepared horseradish right onto the beef. I buy this brand here in central Ohio.

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            The beet horseradish is interesting. The beet juice adds just a touch of sweetness to the mix.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here