Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No sugar rib rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sugar rib rub

i am on the Keto diet and looking for a rib rub and pork rub recipe or alternative. Also a no sugar sauce.

thanks in advance

I use Bad Byron’s Butt Rub, available here in Sam’s Club and Costco, for a easy no sugar rub. It has no sugar or MSG.

Comment

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      I second that, just avoid the double salt jeopardy.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Butchman when I use Butt Rub I don't use salt. With most ribs and butts, I don't bother "brining", and just use the salted rub right before I cook. Sometimes if I am not lazy I may rub a butt down the night before and let it sit in the fridge. I don't think it makes a big difference though.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      mix that 50/50 with expresso ground coffee, and you have a RELLY GOOD brisket rub for OTC. dunno how it would do on ribs. I would go heavy ont he chilis, some cumin, salt, black pepper and a hint of rosemary. OR try the VOUS style rub and venigar mop on this site. I really like dry ribs myself.

Try equal parts of kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, granulated garlic and granulated onion. Those who wat it sweet can add brown sugar up to half of the total volume of the above blend.

Comment

• wustl-duck
      wustl-duck commented
      Editing a comment
      Giving this a try today! Just curious, are you a Saints fan or have your converted to the Rams??

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      @wusti-duck LA stands for Louisiana. Geaux Saints!

Found this in my Christmas stocking, was actually surprised that something called Butt Rub, DIDN’T contain sugar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	36D70361-47CB-49BB-8707-E31DB07A3EEB.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	443777

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that stuff and use it on pork, chicken, and veggies when I grill them. Wife even uses it on some veggies when she roasts them in the oven.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      more of a "rub everything" (now i feel dirty).

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      It does say it makes EVERYTHING better!

Do it the way 'Franklin' does it - Salt & Pepper

Comment

Use Memphis Dust but substitute erythritol for both sugars.

For no sugar sauce try Walden Farms sauces.

Or you can make your own sauce. You can find recipes online such as this one.

It is grilling season, so it’s time to whip up my secret weapon. I have been adapting and changing this recipe for so many years that I don’t remember what I originally started with. Al…

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah helps develop the crust like regular sugar.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried the walden farms stuff, and promptly poured it over dog food for our pooch. Pretty sure she buried it. Toe each their own though. i like montreal steak seasoning, so who am i to speak.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah the Walden farms stuff isn't just no sugar it's zero calories. You can't squeeze blood from a stone. I use it in place of ketchup in recipes.

My wife loves when I do ribs with chopped garlic chopped fresh oregano kosher salt then olive oil to make a paste.If you want some heat add some cayenne pepper!

Comment

Paul kirks Texas sugarless rub. Kind of spicy

Comment

Keep it simple. Salt and pepper. Maybe add a little onion and/or garlic powder.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here