Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Wing Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Wing Rub

What is your guys' favorite rub for Chicken Wings? I've used the MMD several times, but really find it too sweet for my wings. Just curious to see what others use, store bought or not.

I like my rib rub on wings. Also PBC's All Purpose rub, and BBBR (not together obviously). The latter two are on the spicy side for a totally different take on hot wings.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you post a link to your rub? I know it's on here somewhere but couldn't easily find it.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      JCBBQ Here you go good sir https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rib-rub-recipe Please note that personally I feel the extra brown sugar topper is only necessary on ribs, not pork butts & def not chicken.

My favorite is actually store-bought. Weber KC BBQ rub. My local Ace Hardware has the best price and carries the larger size.

Comment

For my wife: salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Meathead's Simon and Garfunkel rub. Weber Kickin' Chicken seasoning.

Comment

if i was making HOT wings i would think MMD would be nice, but if i was just making mild wings i would just *wing it* and use salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.

Comment

simon and garfunkel is great with a little extra garlic and oil. Otherwise i use any all purpose and cover with Frank's red hot which covers most rub flavor anyways

Comment

I use about 70% PBC All Purpose rub; 20% poultry seasoning; 5% garlic powder, and 5% cayenne, just to get the heat started prior to lighting them up with the sauce.

Comment

• BigCountryQ
              BigCountryQ commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds good! I think I'm going to try that this weekend

I like plowboys yardbird

Comment

I love this rub from Dizzy Pig. Great on wings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TsunamiSpin-8oz.png
Views:	474
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	464266

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too!

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                You only like it because it has your pit name in it. Haha.

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Bwahahaha

I actually like Bad Byron’s Butt Rub on my wings before grilling. Then I brush a home made buffalo sauce on at the end after the skin has crisped up nicely.

If you have a copy of "The BBQ Bible" there are two wing recipes in there my kids love. Look for Austalian Beer BBQ Wings, and Hong Kong Honey Glazed Wings. Those are probably my most used r3cipes from that book.

Comment

Everglades along with some poultry seasoning and red pepper flakes.

Comment

Secret Weapon Chicken and Pork rub from Oak Ridge BBQ. Use their Game Changer Brine Mix first then the rub and it produces awesome results. I love all their stuff. I seen they just recently started selling bulk spices as well as rubs.

Comment

I use Weber beer can chicken rub.

Comment

Most of the time I just use a little kosher salt and some lemon pepper, they are always a hit with my crew and they usually don't last long enough for me to get more than 1 or 2 of them.

Comment

I like several of the rubs made by Heaven Made products. The original is good and so is the Cajun, and the mexi-Cajun.

Comment

• Steve B
                          Steve B commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just got their sampler pack.
                          So far I like them.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here