Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greek rub recipe / dry brining with COTS seasoning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Old Towne Restaurant" is the one I used to go to that the two brothers owned. There was a split by the brothers in the 90's or so and that is the place. They had a restaurant West Ashley on Cosgrove Ave. back in the early 90's. I lived West Ashley in the 60's out in Pierpont on Rt 61, in the late 70's We had a house built in Longbranch, in the late 80's we lived in Dominion Hills in Hanahan. My family and I loved the Low Country and really enjoyed the life style.

Comment

The 2 Old Towne branches (North Towne and West Towne) have closed. The only one is the original one downtown on King St.; except for the Zeus restauant in Mt. Pleasant . If nothing else I can grab some of their no salt Greek seasoning they sell. Thanks again!

Comment

I was in Charleston back in March of this year and had some great memories.

Comment

Ok - here is a decent salt-free Greek seasoning recipe:

2 tablespoons dried oregano
          5 teaspoons onion powder
          5 teaspoons garlic powder
          1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
          1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules (crushed bouillon cubes)
          1 tablespoon dried parsley
          1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
          1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
          1 teaspoon lemon pepper

Great on poultry, pork and beef.

Can also be lightly sprinkled over a salad if you are using a (balsamic) vinegar / oil based dressing. Add feta cheese and kalamatas for a true Greek salad.

I am going to work this into Meathead's Greek potato recipe as well in lieu of the salted Cavender's Greek seasoning and see how it goes as well!

Enjoy!
          Last edited by HC in SC; December 30, 2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Marauderer
            Marauderer commented
            Editing a comment
            HC, I will try it. It looks good.

Thanks HC... I will give it a try!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here