Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMD.....my version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMD.....my version

Uncle Bears Rub #2

3/4 cup dark brown sugar
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup paprika
    1/4 cup garlic powder
    2 tbsp ground black pepper
    2 tbsp onion powder
    2 tsp rosemary powder
    1/8 cup chili powder
    2 tsp cumin
    1/4 cup table salt
    1/4 tsp chipotle pepper powder

Looks good to me.

Comment

A little bit SW of Memphis!! Looks good. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Looks like a decent mix of HRR and MMD.

Comment

Huskee You would be right....plus a little more heat.

Comment

Originally posted by clkq4 View Post
            Huskee You would be right....plus a little more heat.
            I'm confident your rub is wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I think I'll try yours to 'spice' things up a bit, pun intended.

I have layered MMD then my rub on top, and I really liked the results. I used to make my rub with a dash of some Emeril spice, Cajun something or other. I liked it with that extra kick, but my family didn't. So my final recipe ending up omitting that, and toning down the chili, cumin and cayenne to be more on the neutral side.

Comment

Love different rubs. I will give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

Mine was similar, but I added 2 tsp of chipotle and 1/2 c. of Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning to give it a little kick. The Tony's didn't oversalt it, but it did give it a slight bit more heat. Also added bit more brown sugar.

It worked great on ribs, but I'm out of that batch now - doing 2 port butts tomorrow, not sure how I'll alter the MMD recipe today. Something along those lines, though. I do like the idea of a little cumin in it...

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We have similar tastes. And cumin is simply Godly!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here