Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis Dust and others

Love the recipes but need to share an expansion (?) -- I mostly only own whole spices. So peppercorns and fresh rosemary leaves went into the processor, then added the white and very lumpy Billington dark brown sugar (try it, it's nothing like the pretend stuff C&H wants to sell you) to get them mixed (shook it all together in a zip bag to get the powdered chile (local Bodega has a rich flavored ground "California" chile that I like better than even the best paprika for most things, aside from the price which is far less) mixed, less sneeze dust). I figured rosemary leaves are dry enough by nature that they'd do fine made into powder fresh, and they did. As it was pouring rain on my rosemary bush I ground the rosemary leaves with a cup or so of mix and mixed it all together again, a couple days later, and was amazed at the difference they made: as promised, no strong rosemary flavor, just depth. How do they think of these things.

Same with the Eastern North Carolina vinegar sauce, ground the salt and peppercorns together. Fine thing, serendipity, ran out of the Korean chile flakes & used about a fourth whle Thai chiles -- greatest vinegar sauce I've ever made, even better than the Trinidadian "pepper" (a mildish vinegar type sauce actually) you're supposed to douse Roti with, with which some of us douse everything.

Auntie
    Green Mt Davy Crockett pellet grill

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here