Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marion Kay Chicken Seasoning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Marion Kay Chicken Seasoning

    Where has this stuff been all my life? I know several of my fellow Pitmasters have sung its praises and I finally bit. Yum! I picked up the fish one, too. I’m going to run over to WF and grab another bag of perch.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1488.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1889443


    #2
    Is this based on their 99-X seasoning? Their 99-X is supposed to be the KFC Original Seasoning. It is a concentrated seasoning and you have to add salt. Tastes like what I remember from KFC in the 70s.

    EDIT: Googled it, yes its based on their 99-X. If you like it try Grace's Perfect Blend - strong blend.
    Last edited by 58limited; September 27, 2026, 06:24 PM.

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this was what I saw on the site…. I thought 99 was, like, a nickname. Am I missing something?

    • 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      99-X is their concentrated spice mix. You have to add salt and flour. A bottle of 99-X will do 100 lbs of chicken. It is more of a commercial product. When I ordered it they made a mistake and sent me two, they told me to keep the extra as a gift so I gave most of it to some friends but I shared a little with my employees too.

    #3
    Thought thdy sold makeup and ran a pyramid scheme...

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude…… 🤣🤪🤣🤪😉🤪😉🤪

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter funny, her home is about 4 miles from where we live now. Stunning property.

    #4
    Glad you finally got some. I think you are really going to like the fish breading as well, it works very well on cod.

    The only thing you need now is one of these.
    Last edited by WI Bubba; September 28, 2026, 05:23 AM.

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I have so many fryers! They are also called cast iron 🤪😉🤣

    #5
    I may need to pick this up. I've never found a chicken rub that I truly liked. The closest is Meat Church Holy Voodoo, but I really only like that on wings.

    Comment


    • jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      This is breading for fried chicken - not a rub. If you try it for smoked chicken, let us know how it works out!

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris I actually am trying it with vortex chicken tonight. I just dusted the chicken and will hit the grill in about 3-3.5 hours.

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris do not try this trick at home. I’m going to post in Spoof!

    #6
    If you buy just the 99X seasoning instead of the breading mix, it's a lot more economical. If I had to guess, you probably have flour on hand more often than not. It would also let you experiment with combinations of starches. Add a pinch of their Dominant Zero if you want some heat with your chicken.

    Comment


      #7
      Dang. Yet something ELSE for me to bookmark and look for...

      Comment


      #8
      I just ordered some. I’m not going to the kids when I serve chicken. I want to see if they comment on the new taste.

      Comment

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7