Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jess Pryles BLACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jess Pryles BLACK

Introducing the new meat rub, Hardcore Carnivore™: Black. This jet black colored, charcoal based seasoning rub will totally transform your meats.

Love following Jess, great recipes, great photos.

Curious on this one tho: I ordered a bottle, but activated charcoal? I thought that stuff was to make people vomit? I get it is GRAS by the FDA but has anyone had any experience?

The SNS makes a lovely crust on all my meats, i dry brine everything and add pepper as necessary. What gives? Maybe Dr Blonder can help?? Why is this necessary????

It doesn't make a person vomit, what it does is binds toxins to itself, through its own negative charge. They give it to people in the ER who've ingested (intentionally or unintentionally) too much of something. As far as health issues, it's beneficial for the body in many ways- cholesterol, toxin & mold removal, I've even heard it helps whiten teeth somehow.

In the case of this rub, I doubt it's proactively for health reasons, but more that it makes one heck of a black bark and doesn't hurt you (if anything it may be beneficial to ingest). --Although going unwrapped on a brisket up to 180 (past the stall) has for me resulted in a black-as-coal bark anyway.

Comment

Dr Huskee to the rescue, lol. My saracasm doesn't come off well in these posts I suppose... My girlfriend thinks my sense of humor is "not funny" as well, your loss!!! I was calling it "meat mascara" in a discussion last night as I was blackening up a flank steak for some tacos, just curious if anyone else had heard of/tried this new "rub"

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I got your sarcasm, I have an overload of it too, it oozes out sometimes and I can't stop it. My personal view is that it's likely more a gimmick than a necessity. One doesn't need a black seasoning to get a black bark on a brisket.

• pittkappasig
        pittkappasig commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't like your comment... Only my own lol. Love you brother😍😍

Might as well put a few briquettes and some seasonings into a food processor and pulverize them, there's your rub.

Comment

The rub arrived and I do enjoy following Jess and she subscribes to the Meat Whisperer's methods... I tweeted with her for a bit tonite too and she gave me some good info. Going to do 2 flank steaks with the rub and without, both on the SnS and of course MHs recipe all the way.

If anyone cares and was thinking of buying the rub, I'll post pics but I think everyone here knows exactly what is happening

Comment

PICS PICS PICS!!! I would be in to buying this, i hope its not too peppery though. pittkappasig

Comment

• pittkappasig
            pittkappasig commented
            Editing a comment
            Not too peppery at all, actually quite mild. I think it's more for the aesthetics. Buy a bottle and give it a whirl, can't hurt to have it in the old spice rack, lol

Not bad actually! I did a flank for tacos (pics suck, I know) the smell coming off the grill literally woke my gf from a nap as it is something I don't usually do... Spice was nice, flavor was smokey and sweet and I think it's a pretty solid all purpose rub. Amy's fave color is black and she jokingly remarked how the steak was darker than usual so as a visual, it works for sure. It's 9.99$ why not give it a try? I was pleasantly surprised.
          Last edited by pittkappasig; May 7, 2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here