Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatheads Red Meat Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatheads Red Meat Rub

I couldn't find a thread that matches so here it is. Move as needed. I ordered from Amazon. 1st the arrival time was extended a week to today. Then I got notice a couple of days ago it shipped. Today, about an hour ago, I was notified it's canceled, out of stock. Meathead any idea when it will be back? I'm getting low! ☹️☹️☹️

Yikes! This is my favorite rub for beef of any kind. Thankfully I have what I need now and they stock it at the local bbq supply store a few minutes from me.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea o have to see if I can source locally.

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
    I couldn't find a thread that matches so here it is. Move as needed. I ordered from Amazon. 1st the arrival time was extended a week to today. Then I got notice a couple of days ago it shipped. Today, about an hour ago, I was notified it's canceled, out of stock. Meathead any idea when it will be back? I'm getting low! ☹️☹️☹️
    Unfortunately, since we do not warehouse or sell any of our products ourselves we are at the mercy of those who do sell them on Amazon and elsewhere. And most or all of those warehouse the product with Amazon so if there is a run on a product and they sell out then that inventory has to be refurbished. As to why the order went through and was then canceled, that is likely Amazon's inventory system not working properly, showing that it was in stock until someone physically has to find it, box it, and ship it.

Anyway, long story short, I am looking into alternate sources for you until Amazon is restocked. BBQSpot.com has it in stock but they aren't currently offering free shipping so I'll let you know what else I find.

Comment

SNS has it:

Based on Mrs. O’Leary’s Cow Crust, this seasoning is perfect for steaks, brisket, beef roasts, beef ribs, burgers, lamb, venison, duck, and goose. Made in USA. Gluten Free. Non GMO. Kosher Pareve.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks but they want to charge more for shipping than the product.

• Clint Cantwell
      Clint Cantwell commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they still have a few bottles left on their site and it is available through the manufacturer of our rubs on their BBQSpot.com website (https://bbqspot.com/collections/meathead).

It does seem like all of the retailers who sold it on Amazon are now out of stock so their must have been a large demand recently. Still looking to see if I can find any BBQ stores who may be selling it with free shipping, otherwise we'll have to wait for a retailer to refresh their Amazon warehouse inventory.

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again. Fortunately I have enough for a couple/three shakes. I'll wait it out for now.

You can also make a really close version yourself to tide you over, it's essentially Mrs O'Leary's Cow Crust (maybe you already knew that?) - https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-crust-recipe/

Comment

I made Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust Rub last night and it was phenomenal. Love it!

Comment

No idea. Looking into it.

Comment

I’m not sure why, but I prefer CC over RMR. Both are great, I just like CC better.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here