Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Mambo Sauce on Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC Mambo Sauce on Ribs

I was going to use the Chinatown Char Sui recipe for a marinade but the DC Mambo sauce won the taste test among the Char Sui and the Hoisenful Marinades. Now I'm not sure the best way to go about cooking the ribs. I thought I would just substitute the DCMS for the Char Sui but follow the same procedure. Will the DCMS work as a marinade? Should I use a rub on the ribs and paint the sauce on at the end of the cook or just dump it on at the table?? Any and all advice welcome.

My gut would suggest using a rub and painting the sauce at the end.
    Last edited by bbqoaf; February 20, 2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

thanks bbqoaf. I think I will do that....question is....what rub would be good? MH's Memphis Dust? Something else?

Comment

Careful on mixing rubs and sauces they may not complement each other. If you really like the DC Mambo sauce recipe that Meathead has then a 24 hr marinade in the Mambo and then put them in the smoker and baste with the sauce in the last 30 min to 1 hour depending on how thick you want the glaze

Comment

I have done Memphis Dust and Mumbo sauce and it works!

Comment

thanks for the input everyone. Much appreciated. I went ahead with the Memphis Dust as I already had some made up and ready to go. I'll see how it turns out.

Comment

forgot to get back to my post - the ribs turned out great. They (side ribs) cooked a lot quicker than I expected (my mom's oven is a convection oven). Had to crack it open for a while as the water pan underneath the ribs was steaming them too much and I lost a little bit of the rub on one rack in particular.

I painted the DCM sauce on the ribs at the end as you would a BBQ sauce - everyone loved them.
            I'm a big fan of the DC Mambo. Will be using it again fer sure.

Thanks again for the advice. This site really is AMAZING!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here