Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Church Brisket Injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Church Brisket Injection?

Hello Pit Masters,
    Anyone here ever used Meat Church Brisket Injection?
    I hosting a Q for the hood & was considering using it. If so any reviews or feedback?
    I’ve got a couple injection based questions.
    * Should I use less rub if I inject?
    * It has phosphates and these are probably designed w/ completions in mind. That being said, should I use less injection mix, like 2/3rds or 1/2?
    * Any benefit to using apple juice instead of water to mix it?
    Thanks in advance!
    JD

Less rub? No. Just be aware of your salt content.
    A salty rub with a salty injection = dog food. Less injection fluid? Depends.
    See question 1.
    Apple juice? You can. But I wouldn't. Why buy an injection then screw around with it? It will change the flavor profile.

I've never injected apple juice in brisket before.

Comment

Back off the salt some, inject according to instructions, don't use apple juice in brisket. I inject all my brisket with phosphates.

Comment

No, you don't want to cut back on your rub. If anything, cut back on your salt. You're boosting the internal meat with injecting but your bark still needs all the seasoning you were going to give it, just maybe not all the salt.

My personal suggestion would be to dry brine half of what you normally would do (so 1/4 tsp/lb Kosher or 1/8 tsp/lb table salt) and inject per the directions, and most suggest 1oz per lb/meat when mixed per the directions. If you want to play it super safe, skip the dry brine altogether and have salt shakers on the tables just in case, and use a saltless rub.

Or better yet (IMO), separate the point from the flat, and do piece #1 one way, and piece #2 the other way, and compare. Make notes.

And one last thing, do you want your brisket tasting like apple juice? Meat is 75% water, and by injecting you're adding more water, and lots of moisture will squeeze out when you cook anyway so very little of the actual liquid actually stays in but think about how you want it to taste. Might be safest to not experiment too much when feeding a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Allon View Post
          Less rub? No. Just be aware of your salt content.
          A salty rub with a salty injection = dog food. Less injection fluid? Depends.
          See question 1.
          Apple juice? You can. But I wouldn't. Why buy an injection then screw around with it? It will change the flavor profile.

I've never injected apple juice in brisket before.
          Thanks,

Makes total sense. I have always used apple juice for pork shoulder, mixed w/ pork base.

I was going to use Meat Church Holy Cow rub. I think I’ll use a combo of that (I.e., half what I would generally use), and my own pepper, onion, garlic & paprika, perhaps a VERY VERY light dusting of MSG.

I’ll uses a neutral binder, oil.

Does that sound right?

Thanks again!
          JD

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            No, you don't want to cut back on your rub. If anything, cut back on your salt. You're boosting the internal meat with injecting but your bark still needs all the seasoning you were going to give it, just maybe not all the salt.

My personal suggestion would be to dry brine half of what you normally would do (so 1/4 tsp/lb Kosher or 1/8 tsp/lb table salt) and inject per the directions, and most suggest 1oz per lb/meat when mixed per the directions. If you want to play it super safe, skip the dry brine altogether and have salt shakers on the tables just in case, and use a saltless rub.

Or better yet (IMO), separate the point from the flat, and do piece #1 one way, and piece #2 the other way, and compare. Make notes.

And one last thing, do you want your brisket tasting like apple juice? Meat is 75% water, and by injecting you're adding more water, and lots of moisture will squeeze out when you cook anyway so very little of the actual liquid actually stays in but think about how you want it to taste. Might be safest to not experiment too much when feeding a crowd.
            Thanks brother,
            No I don’t want it tasting like apple juice. Like I said, I’ve used it in pork shoulder & it worked.

I’m going keep it whole. I’ll use 1/2 the salt, see reply above.

Thanks fir the suggestions!
            JD

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here