Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lane’s Bbq ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lane’s Bbq ?

Hey everyone. Just found Lanes BBQ when got interested in the sweet tea brine after TWBarbecue posted about it. I ordered it and was suprised by all the rubs and spices they offer. Pretty sure this is gonna cost me.

what are some of your favs and must try’s? I’m asking to try and not buy the one of each package!
    Last edited by CHNeal; January 26, 2023, 07:56 PM.

Lane’s “Almost White Sauce”. Amazing on chicken.

Comment

• CHNeal
      CHNeal commented
      Editing a comment
      I found a bottle of it at my local sporting goods ( Scheels) and picked it up. You were not wrong! This will become a staple here!

• BBQandLove
      BBQandLove commented
      Editing a comment
      Just bought a bottle in Sarasota, FL. Looking forward to trying it.

Ok so I gave the Sweet Tea Brine a shot and DAMN!!! I turned in what my Mrs says is the best bird Ive ever cooked! To put that in context, I cook 2-3 whole birds a month as I was raised with chicken as Sunday Supper so my family has been as well. So let’s be conservative and call it 2 a month every month for 30 years give or take ….

I used Hot Dirty Bird ( wow) as a rub and the combination of the two was absolutely incredible! The skin was crisp, sweet/spicy and the meat was the most delicious, moist and tender I’ve probably ever eaten let alone cooked. Ive never had a bird explode with juice when cutting into it.

Ok Ill stop but really this is a killer brine and I will be using it until they stop making it.
    Last edited by CHNeal; January 30, 2023, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• wrgilb
      wrgilb commented
      Editing a comment
      How long did you leave in the brine?

• CHNeal
      CHNeal commented
      Editing a comment
      wrgilb Right at 24 hours

• wrgilb
      wrgilb commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, so I just ordered the tea brine, white sauce and several of the rubs. I'll write up some results when I get and use them.

Damn you CHNeal ! The way you’re carrying on about the damn thing, guess I’ll have to try it. … Tell me where to go online and what all I need to buy….Also, could you please post the recipe and cooking methods…. Thanks bro!
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 30, 2023, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• CHNeal
      CHNeal commented
      Editing a comment
      PJ I’ll do a write-up on it in the next couple days. This one is drop dead simple and you can probably pull it off in that bronco if you don’t have a real grill layin around!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Does the superior SNS Kettle qualify as a real grill? 😎

Hey, their Hawaiian seasoning… whatever it’s called… So good I ate 1/8” of the bottle before I got home. Love it on lamp chops.

Comment

Panhead John My friend I was going to do a write up on that bird but none of what I did needs that kinda description!

I soaked the bird for 24 hours in a gallon of water and 1 cup of Lanes Sweet Tea brine https://www.amazon.com/Lanes-BBQ-Swe...s%2C256&sr=8-4

I spatchcocked it and I then gave it a nice coat of Kosmos Hot Dirty Bird https://www.amazon.com/Kosmos-Dirty-Bird-Shaker-Bottle/dp/B00XZ1O4LW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2HNUJVUWZ9ITA&keywords=kosmos %2Bhot%2Bdirty%2Bbird%2Brub&qid=1675207895&sprefix =Kosmos%2Bhot%2Caps%2C232&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTjJMMlVUOFp JWEszJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTI3OTk2M1JKTkZKRzdGUjlaW SZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTkwODI0QklBQVRJN1haUFFZJnd pZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0J mRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

I smoked it hot and indirect with some white oak ( bourbon barrel_ But I think post oak would be excellent as well, Used a full chimney of kingsford banked against the side. I just don’t like the SNS because i like more undergrate heat then it allows but that just me.
      I did mine on the 26 but the 22 is even better to me for the lower dome giving a more balanced heat and smoke to the grate. I usually rotate the bird about 1/2 way thru just to even it out.

100 mins later and pretty bird!

Click image for larger version

Name:	68E9C5F5-567F-4485-95C5-C6A1458E5AAA.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	1370479 Click image for larger version

Name:	D37D57C7-DFDD-4CBF-BD6B-8A56212F027A.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	1370477 Click image for larger version

Name:	42F5ADD3-CA4A-4353-8DC9-830FD1F9C59D.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	1370478

The flavor profile of the brine and rub was just amazing!

Comment

• CHNeal
        CHNeal commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John I’ve never hung anything…I’d go with the rack? You know me I’ve never cooked on anything but a kettle
        Last edited by CHNeal; January 31, 2023, 06:27 PM.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Expand your horizons my brother! 🤓 One of the best chickens I ever did was hung from the Bronco.

• Finster
        Finster commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the write up, and especially the pictures. Very helpful. I have a SnS insert for my kettle, but prior to that, used your method. Just wondering if you ever use any barrier on the lower grate between the charcoal side and the "indirect" side during low and slow? I used fire bricks to help create the 2 zones. It's how I was shown to do it..

I was chauffeuring my sister the other day… The one with the broken leg…
      On the way back home, she asked me to stop at the apple house for a muscadine slushy…
      When I got back to the car, with only one slushy, she fussed at me for not getting one, too…
      I didn’t let her see what I had in my jacket pocket…
      Attached Files

Comment

I just realized I have a bottle of their Cubano rub that I picked up at the butcher shop a few months ago because it sounded interesting. I had completely forgotten about it. It's getting bumped to the front of the line...
        I think I see a pork loin in my very near future. Thanks for the reminder
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20230217_045449.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1378845

Comment

Finster ! I stopped at Lane’s in Winder yesterday afternoon and my purchases included Cubano!

I hadn’t tried it yet…

Today I sprinkled it over hushpuppies!

OMGee!

Attached Files

Comment

(Cubano was pretty dang good sprinkled on this morning’s venison & egg biscuit, too)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here