Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBBR vs Texas AP Seasoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBBR vs Texas AP Seasoning

doing a brisket for the Memorial Day Weekend and wanted to get your thoughts about using Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub or Malcolm's Taxes AP seasoning. I've used the BBBR before and liked it, but the simplicity of the AP seasoning has some appeal.

Malcom uses his AP as a base layer.

Comment

They both work, so it's up to personal taste preference. For me, I just eyeball salt, pepper and garlic. You can buy these pre-mixed, but I'm happy with my guesstimation method.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Hank's Bonafide Beef Rub for brisket, but Henrik discontinued it on Amazon. As mentioned above, go with what sounds good to you.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! Henrik is moving to the US and bringing his smoker and BBQ rub business across the pond! Woohoo! New offsets for everybody!

That's the rumor I'm starting, and I'm sticking to it!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Henrik , you haven't let us down yet!!

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, you guys sure raise the bar, no pressure ;-) jfmorris CaptainMike

Personally, I like the BBBR. If I were going with just SPG, I think the one thing I'd borrow from the BBBR recipe is the white sugar to facilitate bark formation.

Comment

I just did a brisket using Meatheads rub and it turned out excellent. I usually use Oakridge BBQ Black Ops rub which I really like. I have not tried Malcolm's AP

Comment

Originally posted by bbqLuv View Post
            Malcom uses his AP as a base layer.
            hhmmm...does that mean he uses the AP the night before, then adds a different rub? I was going to use kosher salt overnight, then add the rub (AP or BBBR).

Comment

• Murdy
              Murdy commented
              Editing a comment
              Since the AP has salt in it, I'd put it on the night before and skip the Kosher salt.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here