Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flatiron Pepper Co product that tells the truth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatiron Pepper Co product that tells the truth.

Well. Anyhow. I put this in my chili. Just mine, not hers. What you see in this bottle is a lifetime supply of whatever hellish powder they concocted. I opened it and started sneezing. If you like it hot, this is not a joke.

Click image for larger version

Name:	06FE0726-CC14-44A4-B411-E855A8992429.jpeg
Views:	863
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1176580

"I can't feel my face", big LOL!

Comment

I gave that to a neighbor who likes hot stuff for Christmas. I haven't heard from him in a while. I should check on him.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably a "burning bag of dog crap at your door" away from meeting him.

• tmaan235
        tmaan235 commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely check on the neighbor
        Just bought a bottle, little spendy but well worth the pit cred I'll get this summer with the hooligans I hang out with.
        Thanks for the review!

Your description is hilarious. Should be on the bottle! I’m too chicken to ever pick something like that up so I think I’m in the clear.

Comment

I put about a teaspoonful in a 4lb (of meat) pot of chili. It’s right on the edge. Not too hot to eat, but hot enough that I have to pause every couple bites.

Comment

I love hot stuff. I'm they guy who buys the nuclear wings, but enjoys it.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Some like it hot
            But in my old age, I do not.

I haven’t tried that one (too scared) but I do have the smoke show and I found it mellowed a bit over time. Pretty much all their bottles make me start coughing and sneezing when I first open them. Their dark and smoky is perfect for me. It’s hot but not too hot, so you can dump a lot of it on your food and it has a really great flavor.

Comment

• Sam6687
            Sam6687 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, dark and smokey is great. i sprinkle a little into the oil to fry my eggs in. makes an especially good fried egg sandwich. i also love their Asian Reds for stir fry.

I like hot stuff, but think I will stick with their regular blends that are 100K or under on the Scoville units. That blend is 750K+! Wowsa!

I have eaten some super hot Carolina Reaper and other type stuff - chocolate, peanuts, stuff that was supposed to be the hottest in the world at the time, over at a friends that is into this stuff. I remember eating a single peanut that had me just pacing the floor, leaning on the wall, just generally not knowing what to do with the misery for about 10 minutes. Drinking water or beer made no difference....

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Compared to say the Haunted ghost pepper chips (eat by the bagfull) how hot were the peanuts?

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            texastweeter I *think* they were the Deathnut Challenge 2.0 peanuts - 13 million scoville units. It was brutal, and your body and mind just don't know how to handle it.

• tmaan235
            tmaan235 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dairy products, takes it down hard. When I get in too deep half n half right out of the carton.
            Lactic acid baby!!

Is there any product out there that replicates the actual taste of the pepper while taming down the burn? In my very limited delve into the world of hot peppers I have noticed they almost all start of with a very nice and very distinct flavor profile. Once the heat kicks in flavor disappears for me and the pain isn't worth the pleasure.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Asian Reds are great too, as are the Dark and Smoky.

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I did the thing where I just got one of everything, so now I have the pressure to use them all. My favorite is Original Four Pepper, followed by Hatch Valley Green because it is so different. But I like them all.

• shify
            shify commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are into growing peppers you can look into Habanada peppers. They taste like habanero peppers but with none of the associated heat. I can't comment about growing it but I've tasted the pepper and can confirm it has all the flavor and fruitiness of a habanero and is none of the heat

Here is a link describing it and Blue Hill Stone Barns is where I first had it.
            Some breeders vie to grow ever more mouth-burning peppers. The guy behind the Habanada had a different goal: a habanero with no heat all. The aromatic, melon-like result is winning over top chefs.
            Last edited by shify; February 18, 2022, 02:59 PM.

Why stop there, here's a 4 pack to literally blow your head off. I think the Carolina Reaper one is the hottest pepper grind on the planet.....

...and not to get too into hot sauce, how about going extreme. I had one tiny drop on a cracker and I thought I was going to have to rip the tongue out of my mouth. The word intense doesn't even come close to describing the experience. If you like it hot (and admittedly I'm a kitten when it comes to that) then this stuff is for you...

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            They used to have the MD357 at the Firehouse subs near my house. In his high school years, my son took the challenge to put it on his sub - you had to ask the guy at the counter for it. He got so sick he ended up throwing up the entire sub within a few minutes. His body literally rejected the hot sauce contaminated food!

Oh and by the way, not to overly press the point about MD 357, here is what one reviewer wrote. I spit up my coffee I laughed so loud. Personally I would not recommend this product, sorry I even brought it up.....

I was a simple man.
          I saw hot sauces, i would then try said hot sauce. As a U. S. Marine Veteran, MMA fighter and all around bad ass, i had tried just about every hot sauce there was. Viewing this online i just knew i had to conquer this one as well. When it arrived in the mail, i was immediately captured by it intimidating appearance and obsessive warning labels all over. It didnt scare me away as my excitement grew i opened the bottle and took a whiff. Drawn into a false comfort by the lack of an overwhelming you are about to get your ass kicked smell, i pushed forward into the unknown. As i look at the sauce, it takes me off guard as it resembles blood more than a nice flowing Sauce of death. i take a toothpick and did it into the sauce and as almost in one motion lick it clean. I wait 10 seconds and didnt feel anything. Kinda pissed off i rushed with a follow up full on finger tip dip.

BIG MISTAKE

As if the devil himself lured me in, the sweats from the first dip started to kick in and it never let up, then the atom bomb dropped on every sense in my body, the tears started rolling, my stomach started cramping, my body went numb and i started speaking in foreign languages. milk didnt help, bread, crackers, NOTHING. Out of pure desperation i go outside and put my mouth to the call of natures breeze somehow fueling the fire. For the first time in my life, i truly felt useless. I went inside and started grabbing ice to pour in my bath tub to cool my core temperature down and after it was prepped i jumped in. It was the most grueling and painful 2 1/2 hours of my life. After i came down, i felt like most of my body fluids has been drained and had such respect for the first hot sauce to conquer me. Do NOT underestimate this sauce. IT IS THE REAL DEAL

Moral of the story, dont dip anymore than a toothpick
          REAL MORAL - Dont be f****** stupid

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha. You may laugh, but having had the worst 20 minutes of my life after dealing with a Carolina reaper infused peanut of death, I know what he means about feeling useless! I just didn't know what to do with myself. Thankfully it was just for 20 minutes... I couldn't taste any of the beer we were drinking for the next hour though.

I like hot spicy food as well. I love that slow burn at the back of my mouth that lasts sometimes half an hour or more. But better than that, I like the taste of the peppers. Which is why I stay away from the likes of Ghost Peppers, Carolina Reapers, etc. Habaneros are my limit, in very small amounts in something cooked. Never raw. Jalapenos I can eat all day, pickled or raw, seeds or not. They're my favorite vegetable.

I wonder why people want to try peppers that burn the flavor right out of the bite(s) they're trying to enjoy. It's not logical, when peppers themselves are so flavorful and a painful mouth burn blocks the appreciation of the flavor.

Call me a chicken, but I'll never try a pepper with Scoville Units in excess of 100K to 300K, unless I'm invited to do a cameo in a remake of a Jackass movie, maybe. Even then, they'd have to pay me a lot.

Kathryn

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I still think First We Feast is the funniest show on YouTube. People eating hotter and hotter wings and seeing the reaction is hilarious. Catch the Gordon Ramsay episode, he absolutely melts down by the end. (see below)
            Last edited by Troutman; February 18, 2022, 04:34 PM.

Those Flatiron guys make some seriously hot stuff. I learned their four pepper blend is just over the edge for me and I'm used to a good sustained red chile or green chile burn having lived in New Mexico nearly all my life. I sprinkled a liberal amount on a block of monterrey jack to smoke for "pepper cheese" and holy ma ma, smoked cheese that nearly makes your face melt.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            I cover my pizza with that 4 pepper blend. It’s got a great flavor. They do sell a mild version of it too

First We Feast, Gordon Ramsay does a complete melt down after eating hotter hot wings. Hilarious !!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
            Sweaty Paul commented
            Editing a comment
            This was fun! Thanks for sharing!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here