Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiskey smoked brown sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be a rib rub passed around called BRITU (best rub in the universe) that used dried (in the oven) brown sugar. The drying of the sugar was a very important step or you ended up with a clumpy rub. Didn't take much to dry brown sugar. I don't know why it wouldn't work the same way in a pellet smoker under low low fire. Pretty sure that what my friends, the Food Commanders did.

I don't know fzxdoc I think this stuff would ruin cinnamon rolls. It smelled so smoky that I had to get it out of the bbq tool box.

Comment

Since there have been a few comments that the brown sugar is not picking up enough smoke flavor, I'm thinking of using an amazing tube in my pellet burner. I think I'll do it with the grill off and also one time with the grill on. I'm thinking the more acrid smoke generated by the tube will generate a heavier flavor. With the grill off, the smoke should stay in the burner longer, with the grill on, there will be some clean smoke generated in addition to the tube and also the air will move through the sugar better than with it off. I'll post my results.

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        That should work!

• mayapoppa
        mayapoppa commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to hear the results... I am starting to get requests for the rub, and I feel a little dishonest when the secret ingredient is something I buy pre-made! Also, I can't afford to buy that much...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here