Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yams in the Fire: a great presentation food that will amaze guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yams in the Fire: a great presentation food that will amaze guests

This is one of my wife's favorites. No butter or sugar needed. The Yam can be scooped out of the burnt shell and will be smooth and sweet.

Start a bed of coals, place in large evenly shaped Yam (1 lb) and build coals around to 1/2 the Yam.

Cook about 20 minutes and check to make sure the bottom and sides look like charcoal. Turn to the other side. It will not take as long.

If you hurry to the table where your guests sit the Yam may still be glowing!

Cut on a separate plate with a sharp serrated knife

1/2 Yam per person. When making more than one select Yams that are all about the same size.

Enjoy the guests looks!

Scoobs

oooh YUM! I love yams, but hate using the oven in summer.....problemo solved!

Comment

AliCT Get the SnS. I'm baking on the grill because of that very reason. Did yams too....

Moscuba Have you tried burying the whole yam under the coals?

Comment

• AliCT
        AliCT commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest I am barred from further grill purchases!!! I have a Weber Kettle with Smokenator (LOVE), a Rec-Tec (LOVE), an ancient Weber gas we inherited with the house (great for when I'm lazy), and a Weber Smoky Mountain (Hate....currently rotting in the basement). Our deck looks ridiculous...or beautiful, depending on what type person you are! Another grill turning up in the driveway might mean grounds for divorce from my ever-patient husband..

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        You hate your WSM, why?? Let's talk
        SnS will fit in a paper bag, he won't notice. More versatile than the Smokenator.

• AliCT
        AliCT commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, me and WSM don't get along. We inherited it with the house when we bought, and maybe it was damaged, but it leaks smoke/heat like a sieve, I find it so tough to regulate the temperature. Its also a nightmare to clean after messy or smelly cooks and is prone to molding (at least where we live) so it requires a lot of cleaning. I gave up on it a few years ago. Maybe I should try it again? And investigate the SNS if I can sneak it in...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here