Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall Off The Bone Potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Off The Bone Potatoes

Should've wrapped them after the bark set...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, it softens them up too much since you are coating with BBQ sauce at the end.

Hmm...I might have to try the injection.

Comment

Just wait til The Onion finds out that several Pit members did that and it turned out great! Now hold my beer...

Comment

That’s funny

Comment

I think they come out better su-v-q.

Comment

I prefer mine QVQ.

Comment

• crazytown3
            crazytown3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Or even QVC.

• JimLinebarger
            JimLinebarger commented
            Editing a comment
            I like mine PDQ with an RSVP.

Russets? Nah. Baby potatoes are more tender and are done faster at the same temp.

But watch out for when mgaretz grabs a bag of tots and cooks up some Blasphemy Potatoes.

Comment

• mgaretz
            mgaretz commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually have a way to turn frozen hash browns into latkes.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            mgaretz Would those be blasphemy latkes?

When you return the spuds to the oven, do you increase the temp or leave it at 250? Is that why you cook for another 30 minutes? Wouldn't it caramelize faster at a higher temp? Why not broil them for a few minutes while keeping a close eye on them?

She didn't use a temp probe at any time during the cook. How does she know they are actually ready?

Comment

Is there a low carb option, cause I hear I'm already old and bald so I need to watch my weight 😁

Comment

Funny. Whenever I get an undercooked potato I always say, "this one still has some bones in it."

Comment

I'm not sure but I think we just got ridiculed....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here