Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My grilled potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grilled potatoes

Dice up the needed amount of russet potatoes in varying degrees of sizes (offers different crunch textures), soak for an hour in cold water. Strain and then coat them with peanut oil. And liberal amounts of salt and pepper. I use a carbon steel paella pan, but any pan on a grill will work. Get it up to heat and season pan with more peanut oil I run my Weber kettle around 350, with most of the fire in the center of the grate. I then put the strained potatoes into pan, Maybe weight 20 minutes and check on them. They may not want to release yet,but, if you have a skinny fish spatula, or a wooden spoon. Depending how stuck, I may add a bit of oil, but, reality is, the pan will release it when it is ready, if it is seasoned. But, I cook these for about an hour on that temp level, stirring them 2-3 times maybe. When they are cooked, I take them off, stoke the fire, put the pan back on, and put a fair amount of butter and then then the minced herbs from our garden, and let them finish for a bout 5 minutes on that high with butter, stirring often. It’s like 5 minutes of work on the front, & five minutes on the end. The hour in the middle is just easy time with family and friends. We often top with grated parm or Asiago as well. Often we will add onions, or peppers, left over chuck or brisket and eggs. Etc..

Click image for larger version  Name:	98E9927E-595B-419D-B91E-1C1EAC52D0DC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.71 MB ID:	1247577
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; June 28, 2023, 12:06 PM.

Lookin’ good !!!
    I’m in,,,,

Comment

I’m thinking a 12oz ribeye and 4-6 sunny side up eggs to go along with those taters.
      Why do I keep doing this to myself. 🤦🏼
      No wonder there’s a paper towel shortage. Gotta keep cleaning my phone and the drool off of me. 😁

Comment

Steve B

like this?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	3639F231-DD87-48A7-9302-6EECE1DAD51F.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	1247677

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          A few more eggs and that’s For The Win. 🙌🙌

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Shut the front door, show off!!

Jk, I 💕 Richard Chrz

Originally posted by Richard Chrz View Post
        dice up the needed amount of russet potatoes in varying degrees of sizes (offers different crunch textures), soak for an hour in cold water. Strain and then coat them with peanut oil. And liberal amounts of salt and pepper. I use a carbon steel paella pan, but any pan on a grill will work. Get it up to heat and season pan with more peanut oil I run my Weber kettle around 350, with most of the fire in the center of the grate. I then put the strained potatoes into pan, Maybe weight 20 minutes and check on them. They may not want to release yet,but, if you have a skinny fish spatula, or a wooden spoon. Depending how stuck, I may abdd a bit of oil, but, reality is, the pan will release it when it is ready, if it is seasoned. But, I cook these for about an hour on that temp level, stirring them 2-3 times maybe. When they are cooked, I take them off, stoke the fire, put the pan back on, and put a fair amount of butter and then then the minced herbs from our garden, and let them finish for a bout 5 minutes on that high het nd butter, stirring often. It’s like 5 minutes of work on the front, & five minutes on the end. The hour in the middle is just easy time with family and friends. We often top with grated parm or Asiago as well. Often we will add onions, or peppers, left over chuck or brisket and eggs. Etc..

Click image for larger version Name:	98E9927E-595B-419D-B91E-1C1EAC52D0DC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.71 MB ID:	1247577
        They look awesome but if I let them sit that long without stirring mine would be scorched!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I may just be getting lucky. I have a carbon steel paella pan from lodge, seasoned, they still want to stick hard T 20 minutes, add a little more peanut oil to make everything loosen up a bit.

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I was looking at a Lodge carbon steel 12 inch skillet the other day, this might push me over the edge to buying it.

That looks wonderful!

Comment

Here is the one I use, https://www.lodgecastiron.com/produc...-pan?sku=CRS15

I use the heck out of this, on my grills and oven.

Comment

Chorizo, cheese, and a tortilla!

Comment

• Murdy
              Murdy commented
              Editing a comment
              And Cilantro and Onions!

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              Add peppers, onions, shallots, mushrooms, so many ways to use in left over smoked goodness.

The color is absolutely amazing.

Comment

Yummy. I'll remember that for an option when I don't want to use the oven,...

Comment

Definitely going to give this a try. Just picked up a London Broil cut from the butcher shop, this would pair well. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Richard Chrz those look great! I've done grill-fried potatoes on my flat top, and before I had that, on the flat side of Grillgrates on my gas grill. The thing lacking was some smoke - I bet doing it on the charcoal fire adds a nice touch. I may have to fire up my kettle and put some potatoes in the DNG...

Comment

Those look amazing!

Comment

They look great. Those would definitely not be in my diet...

Comment

Those potatoes look amazing . Add some bacon they will be perfect.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here