Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devilled Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devilled Eggs

Dinner party at our friends' place tonight, so I thought a good way to use a single leftover smoked beef back rib would be to use it in deviled eggs and bring an appy.

Recipe (all amounts approximates):

- 1 smoked beef rib, meat removed from bone and finely diced (my guess is I had about a 1/4 cup of diced meat, a close up of the meat before fine dice in second pic)
    - 4 large hard boiled eggs sliced in half legnth wise (see the golden farm fresh yolks, I boiled an extra four to eat with nothing more than lots of S and P, so simple, so good)
    - 3 - 4 tbsp miracle whip or mayo (I was out of mayo, would be my choice but mw was still good)
    - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
    - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
    - 1 tsp hot sauce (I used green Tabasco)
    - 2 cornichons sliced lengthwise
    - 1 large green onion finely diced
    - 4 small slices of Kimchi about 1" long by 1/2 " wide, more or less to your taste
    - S and P to your taste (I used a generous pinch of salt and a nice hit of fresh ground mixed peppercorns)

Combine everything except the kimchi, green onion and cornichons with the egg yolks and mash with a fork until mixture is smooth. Taste and add more of anything you think it might need. Scoop into cooked egg whites and top with green onion and either a sliced cornichon or piece of kimchi. You could garnish this a million ways, if you have a favorite Deviled egg finish let me know. I happened to have nice, locally made Kim chi so I went for it. The cornichon is one traditional finish so I also went for a nod to a classic.

They were fantastic and original, everyone loved them, toss up between kimchi or cornichon, I probably lean toward kimchi as I like the heat and added tang. The smokiness and richness from the beef ribs really came through, although next time I would add more meat for more smokey flavour, I'd use the meat from 2 back ribs next time.

Arriving with dishes like this is how you get yourself invited for more dinners!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bbqoaf; May 3, 2015, 09:21 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here