Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muffaletta Spread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffaletta Spread

This is a neat spread on cold or hot
    sandwiches or as a side with meals.
    Its an olive spread with carrot, green and red pepper, celery and cauliflower
    in oil and spices. Comes in mild, medium or hot.
    A great addition to anyone’s table.
    Attached Files

I'll have to try and find some. The online store is down, so I wasn't able to take a look at shipping prices.

Comment

Here's a good brand to try. The spicy version really packs a punch!

Comment

I’ll have to try this. We’ve got a deli/butcher shop(Italian owned) in the neighborhood, they have the best muffalatas, IMO. The olive spread is homemade and always perfectly made, not too salty, not sweet and just the right amount of crunch from the veggies.

Thabjs for sharing.

Comment

Or, make your own. It is really quite easy and like of lot of home made versus store bought, I find the home made version to be far superior. This is the one I make - https://www.thespruceeats.com/muffal...-recipe-912886

Sorry, posted the wrong link. While I've made the above in the past, this is the one I currently make - http://raisedonaroux.com/italian-olive-salad/
          Last edited by pkadare; August 1, 2019, 01:15 PM. Reason: Posted the wrong link.

Comment

Here you can get Central Grocery, New Orleans founder of the Muffaletta olive spread. https://www.cajungrocer.com/central-...alad-32oz.html

Comment

• Bkhuna
              Bkhuna commented
              Editing a comment
              Note the parentheses around the word "creators". While they lay claim to have invented the muffuletta, olive salads with the same ingredients have been a staple in Italy and Sicily for a long time.

• mountainsmoker
              mountainsmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Parentheses can also be used to high light or emphasize a word. I had some great olive spreads while I was in the Navy and docked in Naples, Bari, Genoa and Palermo and some other Italian ports. The Central Grocery was founded by a Sicilian and still run by the third generation of his family.
              Last edited by mountainsmoker; August 2, 2019, 02:26 PM.

• pkadare
              pkadare commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, but the former editor in me can't resist. Those are double quotes, not parentheses. These are (parentheses).

Whenever we're in the Big Easy, we always have to stop into Central Grocery to get our muffuletta and beer fix. Great stuff.

We need to go back. I'm out of my stock of Louisiana crawfish.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here