Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roasted Peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roasted Peppers

Click image for larger version

Name:	18703.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	546998​ ​​​​​​​My Italian grandmother would come once a year from New York and stay with us for awhile. Back then (1960 ish) ​ San Antonio had an open farmers market downtown. That is where we would by tomatoes and peppers when she was here. Anyway she would roast pepepep on the stove top. No aroma bring back a memory like roasting peppers. I recently found that the chimney starter is awesome for roasting them. This time I threw a hunk of misquite wood in to see if it wood add any flavor. Her recipe was pretty simple.
    1. Roast peppers until the skin was burnt.
    2. Place them in a brown paper bag on top of the fridge for a few hours.
    3. Rinse off the burnt skin, discard seeds and stem.
    4. Pat dry
    5. Place in a bowl with olive oil and garlic.
    6. Cover and put in fridge.

They are great with salami, ramano cheese slices and plain white bread.

I think I can match the recipe but never her love.

Sounds delicious!

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh it is, and very easy to do!

A very nice tribute to your Grandmother.

Comment

We do the same thing with hatch chili's except we use a ziplock bag instead of paper. And we only steam for 5 - 10 minutes. Awesome flavor.

Comment

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't realize putting them in the bag was for steaming- makes sense. I love hatch peppes. HEB is roasting them outside the grocery store today.

Yum!!!!

Comment

It's chili season here! I'm roasting some Hatch chili's and this heat is roasting me.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Randy-Phx; August 11, 2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Love that smell!

Comment

San Antonio someone had to do it! You can definitely taste the hatch pepper.
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here