Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New potatoes under chicken drippings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New potatoes under chicken drippings?

I will be roasting a couple of chickens in my Primo XL. I picked up some new potatoes and plan on positioning them under the chickens in a pan. The chickens just have truffle salt and pepper on them.

Ive never done this. Any tips?

Sounds Delicious and nutritious

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me. The temp will be lower below the grill, so if the potatoes don't quit get done, a microwave is your friend. Smaller new potatoes should cook though.

Comment

Hot links above the chicken will totally rock things.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          For reals?

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing not to like about that idea. Chicken and sausages are my go to meal. Potatoes underneath, and you've just about got your meal. I'm thinking about how to do this with the SnS. A hovergrill would do the trick.

Kathryn

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah.

Hot links above the chickens above the potatoes. Man that sounds awesome, I bet the potatoes would be out of this world!

Comment

Here I thought you were raising chickens and growing potatoes

Comment

No way that can go wrong, unless they burn being closer to the heat. But Yummmmm, sounds delicious.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe I should use the firebox divider that came with my XL? I haven't used it yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180608_215108-ANIMATION.gif
Views:	141
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	513328

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Slow it down, I’m getting dizzy

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              You got a point.

same concept as Baked Beans under the BBQ. there are SO many ways to use the drip from your BBQ. everything from sauces to complete second, even third dishes. I catch my drip in a water pan so I can use it for making sauce. I also add a couple of pig trotters under the meat to add to my drip. not to use the dripping is a HUGE waste of smokey meaty goodness. You're onto something wonderful, here. You can, since you're catching the drip, add an emulsifier to the fluid that cooks off the potatoes and make an amazing sauce for the potatoes. Drain it off, mash one or two fo the potatoes, add maybe a pinch of mustard powder. whisk it will over heat and then you can add some COLD cream or pats of butter to thicken it up, any flavor adds you like, and you have a gorgeous creamy sauce for those taters that is PERFECT with your main dish because it was made with exactly the spice/smoke profile.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here