Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked mac & cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked mac & cheese

Evolving recipe on the pellet popper
    Attached Files

I love smoked mac n cheese

Comment

Looks tasty!

Comment

Still a work in progress. This edition I added pepper jack cheese (good) and a crumb topping (too much). Great flavor. One step closer.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          I like adding jalapeños and bacon to the mix

Looks wonderful!

Comment

I’v Been seeing more and more of late about mac n cheese. Thinking I’m gonna have to give it a whirl.

Comment

Looks super tasty! Mac is great! I'm still evolving our recipe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
              I like adding jalapeños and bacon to the mix
              I always include bacon ... except when I don't I don't think the pepper jack & jalapenos will complement each other but usually put in pepper(s) depending on what I have on hand. Fun to experiment! May add Sour Cream next time ...

Comment

What kind of times were you looking at and at what temp in your pellet?

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
                  What kind of times were you looking at and at what temp in your pellet?
                  225 for 2 hours, finish at 400 for 5 minutes to crisp the crumb topping

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, my kids love mac and cheese. Need to make some, tired of the cardboard box type !!!

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
                  Thanks, my kids love mac and cheese. Need to make some, tired of the cardboard box type !!!
                  If you're pressed for time you can also do 350 for about 40 minutes, but then it's not smoked mac & cheese. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here