Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled / Sautéed Mushrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any to save this to the paprika app?

Comment

• CHNeal
      CHNeal commented
      Editing a comment
      Great question. I’m not sure as I’ve just started using the app. If I need to write it a certain way I sure will

ssennott and CHNeal I just downloaded it and it worked fine! Just do it like normal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	322C8654-2FDD-40CB-BED8-E105F05C7CFA.png
Views:	114
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	1342781

Comment

• ssennott
      ssennott commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I have imported from a topic it worked great

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      It's kinda crazy how well Paprika can find recipe instructions and ingredients in a thread like this. I get the best results when the OP puts the entire recipe (ingredients and method) in the first post. Paprika isn't quite as successful when several people post recipes in one thread or if the OP has to divide the recipe into several posts, but a little copying and pasting by hand fixes any problems.

I’ve done similar, white regular button mushrooms but I add garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, pepper corns and a good squeeze of fresh lemon. And a toss of kosher salt.

rob

Comment

Those look delicious! I'll have to try that recipe, maybe add a little sherry

Comment

• captainlee
        captainlee commented
        Editing a comment
        Just thinking about the addition of red wine but Sherry may be a better choice. Definitely doing this recipe this weekend for my prime rib dinner with friends.

• captainlee
        captainlee commented
        Editing a comment
        I did make this a few weeks ago, it was great.

I'm smoking a prime rib today and want to do these mushrooms to go with it. I have some beef tallow rendered from the trim I did last night. Wondering if anyone has ever done mushrooms in tallow?

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t but it sounds like it would be good, especially with a little red wine added. I did his mushrooms recently just as Clay posted, but added about 1/2 cup of Merlot. They came out great!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, works great

That whole meal looks great!!

Comment

This is very close to how I cook mine. I have to have a bit of Worcestershire sauce in mine. I cook mine in a CI skillet and use the Worcestershire to deglaze the skillet. The flavor is awesome.

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          I like this idea. When I make them, the wine deglazes the skillet, but adding a little Worcestershire sure couldn't hurt. Thanks!

K.

I like sautéing or foil wrapping chopped mushrooms. Large Bella caps I like to grill.

Comment

This is extraordinary…. You might make a good student out of me yet!

Comment

Oh my...Very nice!! I like that pan you have to roast the mushrooms. I always forget about using dried minced onions. I have some that have been laying around for a while. I do mine similarly but in a small cast iron. Sometimes I'll add beef stock to make a kind of Au Jus...Yours look delicious nonetheless. Great cook! I'm hungry now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here