Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked shotgun shells: Freezing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked shotgun shells: Freezing?

Hey everyone,

I like to cook in big batches to make prep for upcoming meals quicker and easier.
    I am doing Meat Church recipe for smoked shotgun shells to serve tomorrow. If you're not familiar, they're basically ABT's (jalapeños stuffed with meat, wrapped in bacon, seasoned, smoked and sauced), but the use raw (raw - dried) manicotti shells instead of jalapeños. The ideas is it's quicker and easier than cleaning out and stuffing chilis.

Here's my question:
    If I wanted to make an extra batch to freeze and use at an upcoming gathering, can I
    1. freeze them after smoked in vacuum sealed bag, thaw, reheat in sos vide, and re-crisp bacon in broiler?
    Or if not...
    2. freeze them raw, then thaw and smoke at latter date?

Clearly, it would be preferable to smoke all of them, thaw, warm and crisp at a latter date.

Your thought?
    JD

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here