Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You'll never be asked over again ... .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, that's a signature recipe of..... Panhead John. And he serves it on his signature plates. Be kind we're heading into the holidays.

Comment

Read this to Kathy who remembers this from church picnics when she was young. Not a fan. She then described a close relative, orange Jello stuffed with shredded carrots and raisins which also often graced the tables. Possibly the reason she despises raisins to this day.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Have had both.
        Raisins didn't help, yer right, Brother

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        My dad loved the orange carrot stuff. Mom was a fan of lime jello with canned pears and cream cheese. I am fond of a strawberry jello with a layer of plain yogurt in between the fruity mix (fresh strawberries, walnuts and finely chopped celery). Obviously there's a place in my life for weird Jello mixes!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember that jello stuffed carrots and things .... ugh

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, I give you Spaghetti O’s and Weiners….

Click image for larger version

Name:	279A17B4-5ADE-4D52-9010-5E9029B4707D.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1127563

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        So, did you have to stir some gelatin powder into the spaghetti o's to get them to setup so nice and pretty in the mold?

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        As is often said…just because one can, doesn’t mean one should.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm trying to get the wife to let me take this to her mom's house on Thursday for lunch. Unfortunately, she told me that if I did, we would also be taking it to my parents house that night for dinner!

@ecowper
      You left out the diced candied Spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
        Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, I give you Spaghetti O’s and Weiners….

Click image for larger version

Name:	279A17B4-5ADE-4D52-9010-5E9029B4707D.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1127563
        Don’t be silly, PJ … of course we thought it could get worse. And it has. Thanks, amigo!

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Follow me for more recipes ..@pjsstupidassfoodpics

My mom used to make something akin to that for dinner parties back in the '60's.

Comment

I Googled ‘asspic’ then forgot about recipes.

Comment

Interesting...a savory jello mold. This might be worth trying at least once.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, let us know how that turns out. 🤓

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Just toss a few bullion cubes into the jello as you cook it, and don't tell anyone. Be sure to use a dark color like red with your beef bullion. Mmmm. Strawberry+beef. SAVORY!

Geez.

On the other hand, you could make a really decent salad out of everything, if you subbed tomatoes for the tomato soup and left out the "gelatine". Maybe a stalk of celery for the celery salt, a scallion for the onion juice. Chop everything in half inch dice, and make a dressing from the mayo and tarragon vinegar, anchovy paste optional.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Or make a fancy bloody Mary.

With Mother-In-Law in mind Thank you so much for the tip

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking the same thing.

I know I wouldn't let it in the house!

Comment

Isn't that the picture off the front picture of impossible meat??

Comment

Hmmm.

Aspic. Noun. A savory jelly made with meat stock, set in a mold and used to contain pieces of meat, seafood, or eggs.

Somehow, I think time has passed this recipe by!

Comment

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm telling ya man, this has some possibilities of being edible. Where do I find aspic? My butcher should be able to help me.
                  Last edited by Craigar; November 18, 2021, 06:04 PM.

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  AKA head cheese?

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SheilaAnn I had a similar thought.

Looks pretty similar to some Ukarainian dishes I grew up with. It's actually quite good. Ours usually had pork or fish

Comment

Jill said NO.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here