Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onion sauce for steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onion sauce for steaks

Melt 1Tbs of butter in a large pan. When melted add 2Tbs of granulated sugar and continue to cook until camelization first starts, then mix in 2 medium onions, sliced and continue to cook. When the onions are lightly browned, stir in 1Tbs of AP flour. Then add 1cup of water and 1Tbs white vinegar and stir. Salt to taste. Simmer until the onions are cooked and the liquid thickens. You can add more water if it thickens too much. That is the base recipe, just adjust to taste. I grew up with this, and it seems to be a favorite with those joining us for steaks.

Sounds tasty!! Thanks for posting it. Onions are one of the foods of the Gods.

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      I love onions, too! This is my Mom's recipe; I've always loved it. I hope you you let me know if you try it.

• Steve Vojtek
      Steve Vojtek commented
      Editing a comment
      Me three richinlbrg Willy
      I love onions - thanks i will try it...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here