Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Meathead's Huli Huli teriyaki sauce !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Meathead's Huli Huli teriyaki sauce !

Hello AR family, I was wondering if I could make some of the sauce and sort of reduce it by cooking it longer, I have used the sauce numerous times for chicken, and even as a marinade for smoked beef jerky, but I plan to do a Huli Huli pulled pork recipe with finely minced pineapple and finely minced red onion added to the pulled pork and instead of BBQ sauce or my famous slurry
    of butter BBQ sauce and apple butter, I'm planning to use the reduced huli huli sauce on the finished pork,
    Gonna do last meal ribs too along with a French fry bar all for 4th of July with family !
    If anyone has reduced the sauce with great results please share and if not then there's your next recipe idea

Have a wonderful 4th of July and keep up the great work at AR

Kevin (bottk) Bottom

I always reduce Huli-Huli sauce (after doubling the amounts of pineapple juice and brown sugar from MH's original recipe) down to about half its original volume. I get a nice glaze with great results when used on chicken ... but I imagine it would work equally well with pork.

Comment

• bottk
      bottk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing Mbmorgan I love the sauce just wanted a little more cling factor don't plan to drown the pork just a light bathing !

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect suggestion MBMorgan. Was going to say something very similar. I will add "taste with a spoon as you reduce with ingredients to the side to add if the profile gets off a bit during the reduction process."

I would love to have Meathead chime in on this, but know how busy he is I love this website
    best BBQ site on the web!

Comment

Originally posted by bottk View Post
      Hello AR family, I was wondering if I could make some of the sauce and sort of reduce it by cooking it longer, I have used the sauce numerous times for chicken, and even as a marinade for smoked beef jerky, but I plan to do a Huli Huli pulled pork recipe with finely minced pineapple and finely minced red onion added to the pulled pork and instead of BBQ sauce or my famous slurry
      of butter BBQ sauce and apple butter, I'm planning to use the reduced huli huli sauce on the finished pork,
      Gonna do last meal ribs too along with a French fry bar all for 4th of July with family !
      If anyone has reduced the sauce with great results please share and if not then there's your next recipe idea

Have a wonderful 4th of July and keep up the great work at AR

Kevin (bottk) Bottom
      That sounds awesome! Looking forward to your result!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here