Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve's New Hot Wing Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve's New Hot Wing Recipe

Hello friends! It's been a while!

I've been working hard as of late, I've even deactivated my personal Facebook just to save even more time.

Now that I have a minute to share with you, I'd like you to know I've been experimenting every now and then on a wing sauce recipe.

I'm VERY satisfied with my latest concoction. Heck, I even remembered to write the darn thing down this time!

Without further ado, here it is!

Fresh wing sections from your local grocer (I generally buy Tyson)

Sauce:
    1/4th cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
    1/2 cup Cajun Power Garlic Sauce
    2 teaspoons white sugar

Chicken rub:
    Kosher salt
    Coarse ground black pepper
    Memphis Dust

Blend the sauce together in a regular blender, do NOT simmer on the stove!

Sprinkle the chicken rub on the wing sections.

I heat my vegetable (or peanut) oil to 320'ish. That seems to keep the sugar in the rub from charring.

Cook chicken until at least an internal temp of 160!
    I go way beyond that! (Crispy skin is my preference/Sauce makes dryness moot for me)

The reason I do not simmer my sauce on the stove is that reducing the water content tends to concentrate the hot sauce, and it just gets a little too sharp/spicy for me at that point.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    If you try this and enjoy it, please leave some feedback!

Cheers!

Edit : I'm trying to attach photos but it's telling me the file extension doesn't match the file description....or something like that. Many apologies.
    Last edited by SteveFromLafayette; May 5, 2017, 09:53 PM.

Thanks for the share

Comment

Welcome back SteveFromLafayette! Yes it has been a while, glad to have you back. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Regarding the photos, just make any tiny edit to them, such as crop, brightness, etc and re-save. That process of re-saving seems to make vBulletin happy. I get the same error every time I try to upload a virgin unedited file.

Comment

Thanks Huskee !
        Attached Files

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang those do look Great!!

Wow! Those look killer. I will have to try this one out! Great to have you back! Don't be a stranger.

Comment

.......and I love the 1 Gallon jug of Frank's. Hahaha we always had that bottle in our fridge when me and my brothers were all still living at home! Takes me back!

Comment

Haha! I go through so much of it, if they sold it in a bigger size I'd probably buy it!

Comment

Frank's is a great hot dog topper, better yet is a deep fried hotdog with franks on it

Comment

I remember when the classic Frank's wing recipe always called for a bit of vinegar and I remember the vinegar tang and aroma in wings eaten in a wing joint (my better half hated it!). I don't see vinegar mentioned these days and I do not detect vinegar in the restaurant wings anymore. Perhaps my schnozz if not as sensitive as it was, or perhaps I am in a minority in enjoying that vinegar tang and most places now omit it.

Comment

Willy Really? That's news to me because Frank's itself is vinegar based. I'd imagine additional vinegar would be pretty tangy!
                  Last edited by SteveFromLafayette; May 6, 2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Willy
                    Willy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep! Additional "free vinegar" added quite a tang--and "nose". Like I said, my wife didn't like it. lol

I just noting how it has disappeared from recipes--probably because most folks disliked it. I'm weird!

Looks awesome. Thank you very much!

Comment

Yup, vinegar tang is guuuuudddd~~~~!!!!!

Comment

Me and my sister buy a box of these from Amazon about every year. She actually keeps a few in her purse and I keep some in my truck since I eat lunch sometimes in my truck. Love me some RedHot. I also add a bit of vinegar to my wing sauce made with Frank's. I like the tang also. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1173.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	316135

Comment

Been needing to sous vide and fry some wings..... Hot wings!

Comment

I put Frank's on a lot of vegetables when I steam them, like broccoli. Like the bottle says, 'I put that #@*$! on everything!'

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here