Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on board sauce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on board sauce.

I can't find the post on the flank steak and board sauce. I remember it said that the sauce could not be saved due to bacteria growth. But is it safe to keep the meat for left overs that has the sauce on it?

Meathead recommends not making it up hours in advance, due to the anaerobic environment of the oil with the herbs in it, being a great place for botulism to proliferate. Therefore, the wise caution would probably be to not get the whole hunk of meat sauced unless you're going to eat it in one sitting. I've saved it and eaten it left over, but that doesn't mean it was smart of me.

He offers the wise option of just saucing on your plate instead of on the cutting board.

Comment

I ate leftover also; then thought oops. Thanks for the info Huskee

Comment

In case you need the link anytime, here it is: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/...ank_steak.html

Comment

Yes sir, that's the one. Thanks fuzzydaddy.

Comment

Don't test botulism. My father in law had a patient die from it.

Comment

If ya lick it off the board then call the poison control center

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here