Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredibly hot horseradish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredibly hot horseradish

This is an incredibly unique product that I have been ordering for 30 years. I have introduced it to a lot of people, not all have appreciated it but others always want more. This place used to make 3 different heats, now just one with the newer owners, but they just make the hottest one, used to be called nitro but I consider it atomic. I kid that this stuff has a half life of 6 months, because it does mellow with age, and I have received just one order that was not hot, but they usually are pretty consistent and I think make it to order now so it is fresh. The heat also cooks off, like on a beef roast, so safe to cook with. It is great for mixing your own cocktail sauce or in a Bloody Mary, in minute quantities.

I have taken it to bars to share with those I know, others always want to try. Great way to meet people. Heh. I can guarantee this is a new experience.

I give the same instructions every time someone wants to try it. Woe to those who don't listen. Take a deep breath, take a toothpick or something similar, just touch it to the horseradish and touch it to your tongue. Don't breathe in for 15 seconds, it is over that fast. If you breathe in, you will be coughing uncontrollably for 5 minutes and feel like steam is coming out your ears. It is that potent.

One guy I knew tries every horseradish under the sun, I gave him a jar. He spread some on a sandwich, took one bite, scraped the horseradish off, took another bite, and threw the sandwich away. Just another warning.

Some say what is the point, but others say they have to try it, so I put this out there. The jars are small, but it is a lot!

In the past, it has sometimes taken a while to get the order delivered, I order it a dozen jars at a time to make sure it is worth them to make so I get it faster. Probably don't have to order that much. It is a small bar in Eagle River, Wisconsin. You are welcome, and good luck. They also have hot sauces and mustard, I have not tried those. I hope some of you order, I like to keep people like this in business.

Let me know how you like it!

Online Orders are now being accepted! To order some of our famous horseradish or horseradish mustard, please use the form below. In the area for order details, please enter the quantity of each item...

Last edited by Mark V; June 23, 2022, 05:51 PM.

I’m a huge fan of horseradish but I don’t need it super hot.

Love mixing horseradish into Mayo for BLTs.

Ketchup, Mayo And horseradish mixed together makes a great tator tot topping.

I even buy a horseradish powder from a bulk food store I shop at and use it in a rub I put on chuck roasts I smoke.

Comment

Agreed, like mine with some tang, some zip, some pizzazz.
      Something that clears out your sinuses but not necessarily hot.
      Like to give it a try though.

Comment

We used to go to an oyster bar in Amarillo, TX. They served the cocktail sauce and horseradish in separate bowls. I new I had it just right when I bit into the oyster and it felt like a nail driven through the roof of my mouth. It was over quickly, but it was intense.

Comment

I love horseradish, but like has been said I don't need it that hot. Just enough so your nostrils feel it.

Comment

"Some say what is the point", I nod in agreement

Comment

Sounds great to me. I used to get up to the Eagle River area once in a while and when I do again, I'll check the place out. Having never tried it, I'm hesitant to order multiple bottles and the shipping charge makes ordering one impractical.

Comment

My wife and I love horseradish and usually complain about the diluted ones found in the store or restaurants, but the shipping costs are a little too expensive

Comment

I love horseradish. People think I am crazy--they are right, but I still love it!

Comment

My brother in law grows horseradish. We pulled some out of the ground to make some for prime rib, never having done it before. We snapped the roots and sniffed - nothing. Licked the broken end - nothing. Took a nibble, tasted like a turnip. Into the food processer it went. Right about then my other brother in law, who always feels like we are trying to trick him (we are) walks up to see what is going on.

We take the lid off the food processer and say well, we just ate some and it wasn't very hot so we are grinding it up. He leaned in, took a huge whiff and just about passed out, to our surprise. We did the same and WOW is it different after you break up the fibers.

I guess the point is don't trust your inlaws and be careful after you grind up the fresh stuff. It was HOT

Comment

Horseradish => American Wasabi

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here