Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever made controlled burned hot sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever made controlled burned hot sauce?

There are a gazillion hot pepper sauces on the market but here's a recipe for a signature hot pepper sauce you can easily make at home. Focused on flavor first, our controlled burn hot sauce is infinitely more complex than most sauces and has just the right amount of heat to amp up foods without overpowering them.

Thinking about it.

I haven't but any hot sauce that can properly blend flavor and then heat is a winner in my book. I think you posted something about Melinda's awhile back and I've been hooked!

Comment

Following. Looks interesting!

Comment

I'm going to do it this weekend, gotta use up some reapers. I'll report back.

Comment

I have made it with good success and I like it. I grow my own peppers now and I make fermented hot sauce and another hot sauce that I call Bobby Carlson hot sauce as I use his recipe. Meathead has never steered me wrong.

Comment

Sounds amazing, I would live to find red jalapeños somewhere. Not growing them currently or I’d have my own. Anyone know where to get them?

Comment

• Draznnl
              Draznnl commented
              Editing a comment
              I've always gotten mine by going to the Mexican market and picking through the Jalapeno bin. Tedious, I know. But we do what is necessary.

Originally posted by bmillin View Post
            Sounds amazing, I would live to find red jalapeños somewhere. Not growing them currently or I’d have my own. Anyone know where to get them?
            I sometimes get them locally at Wegman’s, but that is a three day drive for you! Fresnos are an acceptable substitute.

Im going to use reapers, habaneros, cayennes, and tabascos. I have a red bell if I need to cut the heat some.

Comment

Peppers have a wonderful flavor when they are not burning out all my taste buds.

Comment

Sounds a bit sweet to me. Someone do it and report back plz.

Comment

• Mosca
                  Mosca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m going to make it this weekend. I was thinking the same as you, I’m not sure on how sweet it will be. I see 1/2 cup of pineapple juice and 1/3 cup of KC BBQ sauce. On one hand that might be pretty sweet, on the other it might be just about right. I think I’ll start with half the pineapple juice. Also, because I’m using a couple Carolina Reapers, the whole thing might just be unbearably hot. That is a always a possibility.

• Murdy
                  Murdy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Balsamic and Triple Sec will also contribute sweetness.

• Mosca
                  Mosca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Murdy true. I'm using Grand Marnier, I already have it on hand. But, same sweetness.

I have! Unfortunately I am to much of a wimp and nearly tore my tongue out it was so spicy. Haha I am not a fan of spicy. Anyways, I made it for some family members who love spicy and they both expressed how flavorful it was.

Comment

• Eric2662
                  Eric2662 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  texastweeter Well for me anything beyond red pepper flakes are to hot. So it was like a nuclear explosion in my mouth. 😂
                  But my younger brother, who loves spicy said it was spicy, but that my tears were an overreaction. He did say the flavors were quite nice though. For people who like spicy I suppose Tabasco hot, maybe?

• Mosca
                  Mosca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eric2662 texastweeter I’m in between, Tabasco sauce is for teething babies, and Dave’s Insanity is pointlessly over the top. I like a good Ghost/Naga/Reaper/Scorpion sauce that makes you think about what you’ve just done, but doesn’t make you regret it.

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like the stuff than makes you go put the toilet paper in the freezer, and bring a Popsicle to the bathroom later that night. Mosca

Nope…and seeing as my GF & I grow all of those peppers…it was on the list. But…real life (and too much travel) got in the way and we ended up using the peppers for other things.

Sooooo, it’s been moved up the list for the next pepper crop.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here