Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good News for Rib lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News for Rib lovers

McRib returns Wednesday [Dec 2nd]: McDonald's giving away 10,000 free barbecue sandwiches for fans who shave

I wonder if camping out in the drive thru to be first in line is allowed?

Do you have to shave there?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      beards not allowed

I hate myself for loving the McRib sandwich each time it comes out. I can't help myself.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      McRib with PBR. "Good For What Ails You, able to cure any problem or illness!" 🙄

• crazytown3
      crazytown3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with ya. For some dumb reason I am drawn to it.

If you're truly a rib lover, this is a much better option. :-)
    The Ultimate Homemade McRib (Smoked-Rib Sandwich) Recipe | Serious Eats

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
      mrteddyprincess commented
      Editing a comment
      The problem with this is that I can't drive up to a speaker, order it, and then eat it minutes later :-) I have read Meathead's version as well, and I admire that effort. But the periodic eating of the McDonald's version is just a right of passage. 'Merica at its finest.

The whole concept is WRONG. Who wouldn't choose real ribs over that fake crud? But somehow they made me crave that awful concept. :-)

This title reminds of a Bill Engvall joke years ago about how news anchors can switch stories, quickly....

Anchor- "....and the severed head was found next to the body."
    Anchor immediately turning to another camera with a big smile- "Good news for egg lovers!!!"

I usually get one just for the sauce.....

Comment

Might jus buy one fer ol time's sake

But , my chin whiskers ain't goin nowhere, yall

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	do-not-want-2.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	947812

Comment

Originally posted by pkadare View Post
          If you're truly a rib lover, this is a much better option. :-)
          The Ultimate Homemade McRib (Smoked-Rib Sandwich) Recipe | Serious Eats
          And here's Meathead's: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ultimate-mcrib

Comment

I had a McRib once, back in the early 80's when it was a big deal. Thought it was a pretty gross thin overcooked pork patty with some bland sugary BBQ sauce, on an oblong bun. I never had one again for 20 something years. I tried it again when it came back around some time in the past decade, and still felt the same way - I don't think I finished it. Still rather have a burger, or go somewhere else to eat. I just don't get the attraction.

Now - Meathead's version sounds like the bomb, and something I will try if I ever have leftover ribs. I just don't seem to find myself thinking of making a sandwich when I have leftover ribs, unfortunately.

Comment

Ahhh the old restructured meat product on a bun with sticky sweet bbq sauce returns. So for those of you who sing the praises of Spam and look in distain at the McRib, got news for ya, it’s basically the same thing.

Comment

I’ve never had one and honestly at this point it’s highly probable I never will. Mostly because I’d have to actually go to a McDonald’s in order to get one and I can’t even tell you the last time that happened. Don’t get me wrong there are other sad excuses for food that I enjoy thoroughly but that’s for another thread...
                Last edited by Andrrr; November 30, 2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

McDonalds? Are they still open??

Comment

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lined up at lunch time, bumper-to-bumper

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here