Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Great BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Great BBQ

I was thinking, is there anything that is actually NOT good coming off the smoker or BBQ? I can’t think of anything at the moment except for maybe pasta?

For me, it's pasta. I don't like smoked Mac n' Cheese. the cheese and noodles suck up too much smoke.

Corn bread, it is better to bake in the Egg at high temps, than let it smoke. IMHO.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, for me, there is something about that flavor. I have tried it in the KBQ, and I still didn't care for it. I know I am in the minority on this one. Hahaha DWCowles Maybe I should add this to the 'against the grain" thread.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy. Here we go again.
      Two heads butting.
      Where will this end.

Haaaaa

Just messin guys. It’s all good.

• SMOG MAN
      SMOG MAN commented
      Editing a comment
      It is possible to oversmoke Mac & Cheese but not hard to get it right and for us it awsome!

I'm not big on pizza on the grill. I LOVE LOVE pizza, but I can be fully satisfied with a little deep dish Red Baron microwave number (just had one) or Pizza Hut.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Jerod. But that ain’t pizza.
      But than again I live in NY. And if reviews are correct. There ain’t no better pizza anywhere.

Ok so here’s another debate about to happen. 😧

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently you’ve never been to Chicago....nuff said

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I should have clarified that Pizza Huts in south Louisiana have the best pizza. Pizza Huts anywhere else just don't measure up. But they are still edible.

Smoke on green beans and mash taters ain't too good.

Comment

Ice cream....

Comment

Jello!

Comment

I tried smoking eggs and smoking cheese. I won't bother again. Just my preference, but I like the moderate smoke flavor of my pellet smoker and am not big on the heavy smoke of stick burners.

Comment

Have you tried smoked beer, otherwise known as Rauchbier? It's a bit of an acquired taste. Some I like, many I don't.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here