Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superbowl Tacos al Pastor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superbowl Tacos al Pastor

There is a taco truck on the corner of Venice and LaBrea in Los Angeles that makes the best Tacos al Pastor ever called Leo's Tacos. I have always wanted to try this at home. I dont have a vertical roaster so I used my rotisserie. I used the marinade from here

which was posted earlier by tbob4 .

Basically taking a pork butt, slicing it thin, marinate it for 48hrs then stack it on the spit and fire it up. The key is to take it off when the outside looks cooked and slice off the outside parts then put the spit back on the rotisserie to let the inside cook and caramelize some more, repeat. serve on a warm corn tortilla with pineapple, cilantro, white onion and a little hot sauce. I was very happy with the outcome! I think Leo might be proud.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4503.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	451067

Name:	IMG_4505.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	451066Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4507.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	451068

Hey it's upside down guy! Those tacos look amazing !!!! Love the clever idea of using your rotisserie as a spit. Man I'm doin' this one for sure, I need me a good taco fix. Nice work my man !

Oh and I have one other thing for you and your Dodger fan base........

Name:	astros.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	451072

Comment

That sure looks tasty. Nice job.
      Oh it’ Nice to see you right side up.

Comment

It sure looks mighty good.

Comment

Out standing idea. Looks great. Reminds me of Arabic schwarma or gyro.

Comment

That looks amazing. What a great idea!

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here