Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rattlesnake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattlesnake

Smoked 3# of Cajun rubbed rattlesnake fillets in the stick burner. They were awesome.

I've never eaten rattlesnake. Do you have any pictures you can post? Thanks!

Comment

I will just take your word on it. No snake for me.

Comment

Does it taste like chicken? 🤔

Comment

• HorseDoctor
          HorseDoctor commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm betting it tasted like cajun rub. Have had it deep fried & it tasted like the batter.

Pictures!!

Comment

Pictures Please!

Comment

Pics! Bonus cool points if you killed it yourself...

Comment

Rattlesnake is Great! Where were you able to get some fillets?

Just was googling around, so far, ranging from $59-$99 / lb, some varieties less...

Yum!!!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 27, 2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Chicken tastes like rattlesnake, not the other way around. Btw, for the stick burner people, always be careful when pulling from a stack of wood due to these critters. It might not be a log that your grabbing. It might try to "taste" you before you get a chance to taste your "Q".

Comment

There was construction in a field behind our house last year and we were visited by 7 of the little bastages, only 1 was able to get back home and tell them they weren't welcome. Unfortunately it was the one that bit my dog and had me at the emergency vet for 3 days. She is all better now but that bill was expensive.

Comment

Sorry I took so long answering. Computer problems. Flip phone so no pictures. Killed snake after it killed my dog. 5'-6" long. Does not taste like chicken. It was the best rattlesnake I've ever had with the Cajun rub and slow smoked.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
                      BriggsBBQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My dog got nailed by a baby copperhead, but he's a mastiff so he survived. Sorry to hear about you losing your dog.

• Steve R.
                      Steve R. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For killing your dog, it deserved to be boiled and then marinated in Kraft bbq sauce. Sorry to hear about that.

I'd try it. I've had gator and it was good, to me they're just big snakes with legs. (Don't laugh, I'm a northerner).

Comment

I think rattlesnake (and most other snakes of any size) are absolutely delicious, especially bbq'd

Comment

As far as "fillets" go, that term is used for the loins when stripped away from the backbone, making boneless meat. Otherwise, you can cut chunks of skinned, gutted snake, and cook it with the bone in, somewhat resembling the backs of chickens in looks but it's much better in taste. I believe it comes out better when cooked as bone in chunks.

Comment

Next rattler I kill I'll try it bone in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here