Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shish Kebab (Kabob) Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shish Kebab (Kabob) Recommendations

The wife and I enjoy Shish Kabobs... Our local meat locker has some that they skewer onsite (steak and pork w/veggies & chicken and bacon w/veggies). They are pretty good but can get a little costly for what they are and I would like to mix things up a bit...

I was curious if anyone had any good recipes, recommendations, and suggestions?

marinades, veggies, types and cuts of meat, etc...

I know it isn't the best way to cook meat and veggies..... but... guilty pleasures right?

Thanks

Pinterest has some good shish kabob's recipes

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
      Pinterest has some good shish kabob's recipes
      Well I don't have a pinterest account... the wife might... I may ask her...

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        It only takes a couple of minutes to download their app and sign in

"Shish kaboob baba, l mean Shish kabob boo boo". Y. Bear, circa 60's.

Comment

The problem is that the meats and the veggies cook at different rates depending on thickness, and the meat is usually over cooked. I prefer to use a grill topper and do things like this http://amazingribs.com/recipes/lamb/spiedies.html

Comment

We put the protein on one (or more skewers), shrooms on another, onions on another, etc.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            That or what meathead suggested was the plan!

richinlbrg and Meathead , I was going to pick up a topper till another person with a PBC showed me that they used skewers and hung them in their PBC.... They bent the ends so the stuff wouldn't slide off and hung the eyes of the skewers off the hooks... I am thinking about doing this and dedicating a skewers to just one thing like richinlbrg said.

Comment

My new shrimp technique merges stuff I've found a couple places. Using jumbo (or larger... Jumbo are 21-25 ct, I did this with 10-15, technically "Colossal", which is funny by itself), shell and vein, and follow step one of this recipe:

Also follow step 2 & 3 of that, with the alteration to step 2 being that you alter the flavor profile. So, yesterday was ketjap baste from the original BBQ Bible. The day before was the N'Awlins BBQ sauce from here: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_s...cue_sauce.html

But you could go any which way with the flavor, making sure whatever you use to oil them, matches whatever you will sauce with afterwards. This is high heat, and they go pretty fast (~5 minutes total). Nice sear/char, cooked through nicely, and stays moist. Bright flavor.

Like richinlbrg, I do skews of veg separate from proteins, and time them together. The key for everything is to keep them even sized pieces.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              TBH, that was good, but the N'Awlins BBQ sauce was really easy to put together and preferred by both me and the wife.

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the heads up... i like easy!

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have MMD made up, so simple. If you have an alternate BBQ rub, also simple.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here