Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried White Bread ©️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried White Bread ©️

I coulda called it Fried Loaf Bread… but that’s no fun…

Several years ago, I was pondering how to improve my sandwiches, when I saw a program on professional ice cream tasters…

They take a certain spoon, silver as I recall… and scoop a portion of ice cream… then invert the spoon, placing the ice cream directly on the tastebuds….

The first thing that hits the tongue is the unadulterated flavor of the ice cream…

I immediately knew how to enhance my sandwiches…. I like fresh soft bread and the taste of toast… Just toasting bread wasn’t enough improvement in taste…

I start with two slices of bread… loaf or fresh baked… the process is the same…

I lightly spray the pan with vegetable spray and drop both pieces of bread in the skillet…

Then spray the top of the pair of slices… Nothing goes between the two slices…

Here’s the second trick… I apply a light dusting of seasoning salt and fresh cracked peppercorn medley to the top and flip before much toasting is done… then lightly dust the second side…

Use the same amount you normally put inside the sandwich… but even it out on both outsides of the sandwich…

Toast as much as you like…. The result is crisp, flavorful outsides with soft insides!

I use my PepperMash Mayo Honey-Mustard on both sides of whatever the sandwich is going to be… which has my spice….

Instead of bland bread hitting my tongue first, the seasoning salt gets the party started on contact!

it was a game-changer… I do this with hotdog buns and hamburger buns too…
    Attached Files

P.S. I use Duke’s Yellow Cap for dressing banana sandwiches…. But if you try this procedure, let me know if it changes your sandwich enjoyment…

Comment

I have done with salted butter, but never spray with seasoned salt and pepper.

Comment

• Washblue
        Washblue commented
        Editing a comment
        Just enough spray to stick the seasoning to…

Seasoned toast! Brilliant!

How's garlic and herb panini bread?
      A little sausage, mushrooms, peppers and onions...

Comment

• Washblue
        Washblue commented
        Editing a comment
        The seasoned salt doesn’t alter the sandwich… it wakes up the tastebuds for all the other flavors that is there…

Seasonings inside a sandwich, much of the time, never makes it to your tastebuds…

I found I use less seasonings when putting them on the outside of the sandwich.,,

I use this method for fresh heirloom tomato sandwiches in the summer. I use ghee for the fat and sprinkle the frying bread with a bit of curry powder. Sammie insides: kewpie mayo, tomatoes, salt. Yum.

Thanks for the nice writeup, Washblue .

Kathryn

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds like a great sandwich. Can you share your recipe? 😁

• Washblue
        Washblue commented
        Editing a comment
        The ice cream taste test method really works!

I listened to the Splendid Table podcast and Pure Leith, judge on The Great British Bake Off, is writing a book titled "Bliss on Toast".

My English co-worker tells me that toast is very deep set tradition in Great Britain.

Comment

Black pepper, cayenne,, and dill on a catfish sandwich!

Comment

• Washblue
          Washblue commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes on the dill for catfish!
          We’ve been using Trader Joe’s Pickle Seasoning Blend…
          That vinegary dill pickle bite to fish is excellent!
          It was an easy match for me… being a vinegar and dill aficionado…

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here