Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade Pasta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Pasta

Does anyone on the Forum make their own pasta? I have been making my own for 2 years, yet I don't think I've perfected it. All I do is use Bob's Red Mill semolina flour and follow the directions on the back (flour, 2 eggs, water, olive oil, and salt). I use a KitchenAid stand mixer with the pasta rolling and cutting attachments. It couldn't be easier, but I don't think it could be as good as it could be.

There's a restaurant called Vapiano's which makes their own pasta, and all they use is semolina flour and water. Their pasta just melts in your mouth. Mine does not. They're probably using a different type of semolina flour, but I don't know what it is!! Maybe Bob's Red Mill just isn't cutting it for me?

Let me know what you have tried and if anyone on the Forum has mastered it.

My pasta is good, just not out-of-this-world good.

Maybe they are making egg pasta and using a softer flour.

George

Comment

Omit the eggs and oil. Go strictly with flour and water. Then be sure to put enough salt in your cooking water. Fresh pasta is done very quickly. You still want some bite to it (at least I do)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here