Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xmas lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas lamb

Just the family and 1/2 a lamb. For tonights xmas dinner. Doin our usual pool, eating,drink siesta. Then repeat.
    Attached Files

Did two whole lambs in a Cajun microwave last weekend for a gig. Bet yours is better. Picked up two partially boneless lamb legs 1/2 off earlier today.
    Last edited by texastweeter; December 24, 2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      What is a Cajun microwave?

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      ofelles a pit dug in the ground lined with firebrick and cinder blocks that has a tin top usually covered with dirt.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter I figured it was something like that just never heard that term. Thank you

Looks great, I'd love to get into cooking lamb, but only my son and I will eat it and he's on the fence too.
    Pool sound great but I'd have to find it in the garage and inflate it....then there's the ice situation on the deck too....

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      34c today. Not much ice around here at the moment

What an awesome setup!!! How did it turn out?

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Turned out great. I didn't get pics as was trying to control 3 overly excited kids. Finally got my father n law to dry brine it 2 days before
      We only ate less than half of ot and are going to reheat for lunch today.

Looking good! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Nate. Merry xmas to y'@ll and all the other pit members here.
      Last edited by Ahumadora; December 25, 2019, 08:43 AM.

Nice one Craig! Lamb is a favorite around here. Just a quick question on the rear leg/thigh: it looks thinner than usual, like the inside has been carved off or something. Or is it just me being cross eyed?

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Your eyes do not deceive you.. we partially butterfly the thickess part of the rear leg so it cooks more evenly.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, makes sense.

Looks awesome,,,
    Merry Christmas to you and the family
    you do it up right !

Comment

Oh stop it. You’re just showing off now

Feliz Navidad to you and yours Craig !!!

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman , did you receive the gift I sent you??? I had been shaving my body hair, saving it up all year and with it knitted you a nice scarf to keep you warm in winter. Hope you like it ...

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        ACK! If you had contacted me, I have enough hair to make it a sweater!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I did receive it but it’s 75* F here so I shipped it north to Spinaker whose currently buried in a winter wonderland. I’ll defer to him for appreciation.

Here's the leftovers. Dialing up the herbs a bit and going to reheat in the oven today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ahumadora, whenever I get the chance to go to Argentina, you can be absolutely certain that I'm coming to visit (AKA eat a meal) with you! Great cook, my friend!
        The OmegaDog

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Come on down. I don't think we will run out of meat anytime soon...

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I am doing this as well.

This is spectacular. I will have to take some pointers. I want to do a cook like this for the Fourth of July this year.

Comment

Ahumadora - Your cooks always look so amazing. Even the pan of leftovers had me drooling. Felíz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here