Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nailed a 5lb Lamb shoulder today πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nailed a 5lb Lamb shoulder today πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

I rarely make lamb bc swmnbn hates it. Mostly I’ll make some lollipops which is pretty straight forward. In the spring I took my wife to Morocco for her 50th and ate lamb 6 out of 8 days. I was hooked on their spice profile.

About a a month ago I went to a halal butcher and got a leg to bbq but I screwed it up and was very disappointed and didn’t care for all the bones and connective tissue. Today I got a boneless 5lb hunk of shoulder from Costco and had much better luck.

I made what I consider to be a lamb, Moroccan version of Meathead’s Banh Mi sammie. I rubbed the meat w Moroccan spices then smoked it til about 208 degrees. Best lamb I’ve made so far. I made a bbq sauce w cinnamon and dates and spread that on the bread. Followed by a green olive and mint chermula or relish. And topped w pickled carrots and onions.

I will make this again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D1E1BB30-D00D-4A9E-9FC9-BCB41C192A7E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	869.2 KB ID:	736570Click image for larger version  Name:	BA2CEE23-A32E-4BB3-AD4B-E1F196337F10.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	539.7 KB ID:	736567Click image for larger version  Name:	59F3DEA8-9779-4344-9CF5-834762C32DAF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.73 MB ID:	736565Click image for larger version  Name:	76AF20D5-2271-4EAE-BD19-BD700407A38C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.57 MB ID:	736564Click image for larger version  Name:	162DF3E8-09CC-4D28-9C48-38FF559AAC9A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.62 MB ID:	736569Click image for larger version  Name:	54B10768-BBF9-421F-94CA-43919D3A651B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	736568
    Attached Files

Love lamb! Looks awesome!

Comment

Gorgeous! I'd be mighty proud of that. I enjoyed this one on Instagram too!

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Huskee

Don't have lamb but once in a great while. That makes me want to try it again.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        It's so worth it. Give it another go.

Looks amazing! Congrats on the cook!

Comment

I’d eat it

Comment

Very nice! Would love to hear about the spice rub you used.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Ground corriander, cumin, paprika, ginger, cinamon, black pepper, salt. Mixed it w olive oil and smeared it all over. Oh yeah, I also poked holes all over the meat and stuffed garlic in there.

• theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Got to stick it with the garlic!

My wife and I love lamb. Have 5 legs in the freezer right now of about 5-6lbs. Smoke them to 130 or so.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Before I went to Morocco I'd always cook lamb like that too. Try low and slow one time and see how you like it. I think it's delicious that way.

Wow, that’s beautiful!

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Henrik !!

Nice looking lamb!

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I’m thinking this is going to be my new go to. I’ll use the leftovers for tacos etc etc etc.

Great looking eat.
          Good job Sir.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks

That is nice. Last one I smoked I had it med rare; I'll try this next time.

Comment

Wow, nice!

Comment

Outstanding !!! What was in your Moroccan rub?

Comment

• holehogg
                holehogg commented
                Editing a comment
                See post #7.1 above.

Yup. You nailed it. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Γ°ΕΈβ€’ΒΆ

Comment

• JCBBQ
                JCBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks FireMan I will definitely be doing this again.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here