Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb vs fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamb vs fire

I am staying at the outlaws 250km Southwest of Buenos Aires in a small town. Decided to make the most of it and do a rack of lamb. The butcher 2 blocks away had 8 lambs hanging ready, so I bought 3.5 kilos side of lamb. Made a rub of SPOG, fresh chopped garlic, fresh Rosemary from the garden, mustard seeds and olive oil. All rubbed down ready for the grill. Will post some pics when it is done.
    Attached Files

Is there anything that you won’t do? I would like to follow you around for a week or two. One wonders what you would get into. Rock on! 🕶

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Making the most of summer here. It will be over 100f today, so won't venture far from the pool.

Does everyone have some kind of cool grill down there? I see you've improved on your assistants as well! Pretty good crew you have there.

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Most parrillas are pretty rudimentary here. This is a model parrilla I fabricate and sell here for about $150 usd. Yep, gotta teach the kids how to cook and learn life long skills.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that thing would go for $400 easily up here.

Its on the fire
    Attached Files

Comment

Works great being able to pivot the parrilla.. my favorite thing to cook on.
      Attached Files

Comment

Final result. I had to overcook it to keep everyone happy. Ohh it's lamb, it has to be well done tasted great though
        Attached Files

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Same these parts very few eat lamb any other way than well done. Except me😊

That looks awesome. My buddy has one of those KUDU grill systems which is very similar to your parilla there. And you are right, its a ton pf fun to cook on.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Man that is one awesome hunk of meat, never seen a whole rack of lamb presented like that. Makes me want to pound my caveman chest. I too like your little cooker, I've been looking to get something similar to it, I just love open fire cooking.

Love the pix of the kids too, their so cute helping dad with the cook. Again nicely done brother !!!

Comment

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Troutman. Often the most simple grills are the most fun to use.

that looks awesome, even if it is well done.

that cutting board looks like it was custom made for that lamb! that is a really cool board

Comment

Bellisimo ! ! !

Los ninos, especialmente, son bellisimos.
              Last edited by gcdmd; December 28, 2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Very nice! Damn, ya'll eat good in Argentina.

Comment

Nice looking piece of meat. But I think I'll give credit for this cook to the sous chefs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here