Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb Chops I'm in Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamb Chops I'm in Love

So there was a recent forum about Mutton and it got me thinking: Time for some lamb chops! This is the first time I've made them and I think I am in love! This forum is great for finding and trying new ideas so thank you everyone for your posts!

Seared over high heat, then moved to indirect with oak smoke until just short of 135 degrees. They were ready pretty quickly so probably about 15 minutes total at most.

A bit pricey but super simple and delicous.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140954.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	460968

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150009.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	460967

Attached Files

I love lamb chops. Those look delicious. I've never cooked them but eat them up at a local steakhouse here in town. Always a nice treat.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Love, love, love me some lamb chops !!! Your's look marvelous !!

Comment

Definately gotta do this when the budget allows!

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Yo Muddy, I think a spring leg o lamb or chops is something we should do in April....yes?

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Oooooooh yeah! Good idea! HawkerXP! Getting closer......

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            tick, tick......

Next challenge is to find some grain finished North American lamb. Bigger cuts and better flavor than the stuff from Australia or NZ. Don’t mean to offend anyone from south of the equator but it’s true!!! There is a reason North American lamb is hard to find. It’s scooped up by all the upscale restaurants leaving imported stuff to the big box stores! Apples and oranges! Try it!!!

Comment

Dude those look amazing!!!!
            I gotta try this. My wife and I had some at a friends house a while back. They are awesome.
            Funny thing about that is my wife hates lamb. But loved the chops. Of course I didn’t tell her what they were until after she said they were great.
            Nice cook brother.

Comment

Lamb is my favorite meat and I 100% agree with HorseDoctor. Try and find some North American lamb and you really enjoy it.

Comment

I had lamb chops last night at one of my favorite restaurants. But they did not look anything like those.... Your's are Beautiful!! When i do lamb chops at home, I use fresh thyme/rosemary, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper over direct heat. Then finish them by basting with butter. Yum

Comment

Mmmmmm! Love lamb chops. Unfortunately my wife hates lamb so I don't get to eat 'em much. Those look great!

Comment

Those look perfect! Nice cook!!!

Comment

Those look great. I haven't made lamb chops in a while. They are sooo tasty.

Great pictures too!

Comment

I’ll take picture number two.

Comment

Ive got lamb chops to break in my new grill grates. I'm thinking just pepper, plus the dry brine. I've never made a board sauce, so, how about olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme and lemon zest? Is that overkill?
                          Thanks,
                          Dick

Comment

• EdF
                            EdF commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Doesn't sound like overkill to me!

Never used a board sauce for lamb chops, but your flavor profile sounds like it should be spot on! Enjoy!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here