Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1" Blade Chops - Reverse Sear or Warp Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1" Blade Chops - Reverse Sear or Warp Speed?

I picked up a couple of 1" lamb blade chops that I'm throwing on the kamado tonight. There isn't as much information on these as the more popular loin chops. I'm tempted to smoke them for a bit before searing but does anybody have an opinion on whether they'll come out better at just a warp speed sear? Shooting for medium rare if I can get that with just an inch, and I'll do a simple olive oil, lemon, garlic, herb marinade.

Deleted my post. Saw you said lamb, was thinking pork. Marinade in olive oil, garlic rosemary, balsamic Venigar, and red wine Venigar. Warp speed them but keep them rare. Effing fantastic.

Comment

• SeaBrisket
      SeaBrisket commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Tex! I'll do just that.

I do them quick and rare too. Works fine - a bit of chewing required.

Comment

• SeaBrisket
      SeaBrisket commented
      Editing a comment
      The cuts look great but one of my first thoughts was that it would be a little more chewing than my wife likely cares for. I think she'll be fine!

Blade chops may be a great candidate for some time in a sous vide bath before searing?
    Last edited by HorseDoctor; January 1, 2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Hot and fast on LAMB Chops. Always cook Medium Rare...

Comment

Seared them at 600° and they came out great. Nothing but smiles from the both of us and I didn't even want to use the tzaztiki I'd prepared for dipping. Thanks everyone!

Comment

• PJBowmaster
          PJBowmaster commented
          Editing a comment
          Always use the tzatziki.....even if it's on the potatoes. LOL

My pleasure, marinading some lamb rib chops right now for tomorrow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here