Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CajunBandit Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CajunBandit Rotisserie

Gents, love the recommendation for WSM 22.5 accessories, Cajun Bandit was absolutely wonderful in customer service/quality of their product. Chris was extremely responsive and I couldn't be any happier with these new tools.. That being said, do you still recommend 225 for boneless leg of lamb on the rotisserie? (Thinking reverse sear?) Thanks for feedback, will take pics for easter feast!

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois Sean.Habermas

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Sean..👍

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Sean.

Comment

Welcome Sean.Habermas !!!
          Lookin' forward to yer pics!

Comment

I have not got to do a leg of lamb yet. But as I understand it they are pretty bullet proof (much like Pork butt) just make sure it gets to an internal temp of 145F. So for a reverse sear I would go to oh say 130ish and then put the spurs to it until 145. but as stated I have not done one just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Welcome Sean.Habermas

Comment

Welcome! In my opinion, leg of lamb is at it's best no more done than medium rare so I wouldn't take it as high as 145. Treat it more like a tri tip. Take it to 110-115 and then sear to maybe 130. Enjoy!

Comment

• Willy
                  Willy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep--no way one should go to 145°F! Rare or medium rare for lamb!

Welcome to the pit from Louisiana

Comment

Funny, I asked my wife to buy me one for Father's Day. It's sitting wrapped up in my study.

I do have a question about leg of lamb and smoke. I'm going to do a semi boneless leg of lamb on my Weber 22.5 grill, indirect to about 120-125, then sear. Trimmed and salt rubber overnight. Will be using Dolly Rub. Anyone have thoughts about tossing a few smoke chips on the coals during the indirect? Thinking apple or cherry. I'm sure the lamb would be dynamite without - is a touch of smoke overkill?

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think a light touch of smoke is wonderful for that kind of situation.

Sorry, salt "rubbed", not "rubber".

Comment

• Willy
                    Willy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your post (and all others) has an "edit" icon. Just click it, change "rubber" to 'rubbed" and all is well!!!

I like a bit of smoke with lamb. I think it actually enhances the flavour. I prefer lamb a bit more done than beef and usually take it at least medium. Great choice on the meat.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, pix to follow... Hope everyone is well, happy cooking!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here