Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boneless leg of lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boneless leg of lamb

Using the recipe from the site.
    says to cook lamb to 110, then sear to finish. We have a big gathering on Sunday and timing will be important.
    Approx how long to cook a 6lb roast at 225 to get to 100?

This should help https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...-cooking-time/

Comment

I can not find it now, but I believe on these pages somewhere, it took someone 2 hours to get a 5 to 6 pound leg to 110. That's what I am going with. I am guesstimating 20 min per pound. I will also be starting early just in case.

Comment

As long as it's boneless, agree about 2 hours at 225 to get to 110...but I would also say that if you're going to sear to finish, then having an extra hour+ to rest between roast and sear will only help - I would start it cooking 3 hours before serve time if you want to make sure it's ready to serve, and then let it sit for however long after it's done (and before searing).

Comment

Boneless leg of Lamb? Wouldn't lambs just fall over? How could they even walk, jump or play.

Comment

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment!

make sure you show us how that leg of lamb turns out!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Took 2:45 to get to 110, I live in Montana, so a little cold out, plus altitude makes sense for extra time. Will try and remember to take a few pix. And thanks to das85 for the advise, was going to have to rest anyway, due to timing, glad that it will only improve it.

Comment

Waited nearly 2 hours before I could sear it, my buddy who hosted us is always late, I should have started the smoker later..... After the 2 hours I unwrapped it and the internal temp was 118, very surprised. Put it on the grill and it took over 30 for the thermometer to start inching up, took another 30 to get it to 135. Rested it for about 10 minutes. It was like butter, I like lamb, but don't love it, usually, it was the best we've ever had. Thanks for the assistance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here