Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leg of Lamb in Board Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg of Lamb in Board Sauce

I made the leg of lamb in board sauce. I was really happy with how it turned out. I didn't think the board sauce was really necessary but I'm glad I tried it.

I didn't follow the exact recipe for the board sauce. I used equal parts of fresh thyme, rosemary, basil, and mint with the olive oil.

Here additional notes from the cook and more pictures:

By Josh Here are notes from my boneless leg of lamb cook. Overall it was very good, but trimming and preparation were more than I expected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07845.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	133364
    Last edited by josht138; January 12, 2016, 06:42 AM.

Looks amazing. Did you get the board sauce idea from Adam Perry Lang?

Comment

• josht138
      josht138 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes via Meathead's leg of lamb recipe.

Ahhh! I missed that, although I'm sure I read it at one point. Thanks.

Comment

Pretty sure the rules for board sauce recipes is there are none. Just use a board sauce and get jiggy wit it.

I never thought of using one on a sirloin top roast I sous vide and seared this weekend. That sucka was tenda!!!

Super nice picture.

Comment

Looks great. I've found the same thing - that a board sauce isn't really necessary. But it would provide different options for the eaters.

Comment

Nice one, that lamb sure looks good! I'm a big fan of board sauces myself. They add lots of flavor, and you don't need to be very picky about which spices you use. Pick one or two that goes well with the meat, and you're done.

Comment

I agree with all the above. No rules, just like chili or an omelet- put in what you want in your board sauce.

That's a very nice picture Josh!

Comment

• josht138
              josht138 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Huskee for all of the praise on my pics!

Just in case you were wondering, since I started the blog a few weeks ago I've been using my point and shoot which is a Sony DSC-RX100. I got it about 4 years ago. It's not nearly as powerful as a DSLR, but it has a 1" sensor that turns out great photos compared to other point and shoots. I wish I could say that I know more about the manual settings but 99% of the pictures I take are on the automatic mode.

Also, I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active which has the same camera and sensor as all of the other new Galaxy phones. It takes much better photos than any phone I've had before.

Very nicely done blog!

Comment

• josht138
              josht138 commented
              Editing a comment
              Much appreciated. Thank you!

The link in the top post isn't working. I did find the recipe, however, using the menu.

Comment

• josht138
              josht138 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the heads up. It should be fixed now.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here