Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Board sauce for leg of lamb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board sauce for leg of lamb?

Anybody have a good "recipe" for a board sauce for a boneless leg of lamb roast? I'm doing 2 tomorrow for guests - one with my usual rub and one using Dolly's Rub for the first time. Seems like the Dolly-rubbed one would work well with a board sauce as Meathead suggests. But since there will be guests, I don't really want to experiment too much on my own. Thanks

I probably can only partially answer this question...but have you ever tried Meathead's recipe for Adam Perry Lang's Brilliant Board Sauce? I've never cooked lamb, or used this on lamb, but it's easy and sooo delicious on beef. Forgive me if this is old news and/or not helpful to you.

Comment

I'm with Huskee here, the Lang recipe sounds good.

If not using that, I tend to go even easier with lamb.

Suggestion 1 (classic):
      I mix a good oil with sage and/or rosemary and a clove of garlic (all finely chopped). The trick (as always) is to have the right proportion of oil to spices. I make my sauce relatively thick (i.e. don't overdo the oil). Too much oil makes the meat too "greasy".

Suggestion 2:
      The South American Chimichurri works very well with lamb also. I like this because it doesn't follow the common route of most used lamb spices, but still tastes great. I'm sure you can find hundreds of recipes online, but basically it is oil, parsley, lemon and a little bit of chili pepper. Make sure you use the lemon zest here, it adds loads of flavor.

Last edited by Henrik; December 28, 2015, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I will give a thumbs up as well for the Lang recipe. I've used it with leg of lamb I've gotten from Costco twice and both were hits with our guests.

Comment

Lamb LOVES garlic and rosemary, and I love lamb!!! Use the "Lang" recipe reducing the sage some (or a lot) and replace it with fresh rosemary. Sounds great! Can I come to dinner???

Comment

I've got a leg of lamb I picked up on sale this past weekend. Hopefully I'll give this a shot as well with the board sauce.

Comment

I almost always do Orange marmalade, mint, champagne vinegar and some aleppo peppers for my grilled lamb anything.
              I don't really have measurements, start with 3 part orange marmalade, 1 vinegar, add the rest and taste as you go.

Comment

I'll bite. What is Board Sauce?"

Comment

Originally posted by lynchoid View Post
                  I'll bite. What is Board Sauce?"
                  Lynchoid, check out the link in my post toward the top. A board sauce is a sauce that you make and put on the cutting board. It's usually a simple mix of diced fresh herbs, olive oil, salt & pepper. The meat juices mix with it while you're slicing the hot meat and it's soooo good.

Comment

There's a nice bamboo cutting board on sale at Amazon. Get that for cooked meat only

Online shopping for Kitchen Knives & Accessories from a great selection of Cutlery Sets, Specialty Knives, Sharpeners, Cutting Boards, & more at everyday low prices.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here