Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Lamb Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Lamb Help

Looking to do a boneless leg for Easter. Would like to Sous Vide then sear over charcoal. I googled but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Time and Temp: 129-130 overnight then sear right before dinner at 2:00 pm About 12 hours in the bath.

Can I / should I marinate with S&P, EVOO, lemon juice, chopped garlic, fresh rosemary, fresh oregano while in the SV bag?

Alternative would be to season with AP Rub and make a board sauce with fresh herbs, EVOO, and lemon juice.

I thought I read somewhere using fresh garlic in SV is not good.

Thanks!!

Following this thread since I have never cooked a roast via Sous Vide and I am intrigued. I am also cooking a boneless leg of lamb for Easter, but plan to cook it on my Weber Kettle with the rotisserie attachment.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I did it on my gasser with the roti and it was great.

Avoid garlic for sure as it will impart a very different flavor raw.

The words “that’s too much garlic” have never escaped my lips. Garlic should be added with wild abandon to recipes—one should double, if not triple th

Comment

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know! Thanks for sharing this.

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I thought. Funny because I do see recipes saying to throw the garlic into the bag.

ChefSteps is here to make cooking more fun. Get recipes, tips, and videos that show the whys behind the hows for sous vide, grilling, baking, and more.

I dunno that I'd do the full megillah that they do, but the basic cook process seems good, and then finish however.

I would go with the board sauce plan.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw that one. Thank you. I didn't want to do the mustard I wanted more Greek style. I think board sauce is the way.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      I think for the Greek style, I'd salt, pepper, olive oil, and maybe some lemon juice in the bag. And then board sauce after finishing.

Here’s a recipe from Serious Eats. I have not tried this, but SE recipes are pretty reliable.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I did see the basic recipe but not the detailed article.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here