Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOINK Lollipops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOINK Lollipops?

Quick back story: Every year (except last year - thanks COVID ) I host a mid-Winter gathering dubbed the Festival Of Manliness. I ripped it off from a local brewpub who used to host it every year on the Sunday AFC/NFC Championship games. They would cook various game meats and pair them with their house brewed beers. We use it as a chance to get together smoke cigars by the firepit, enjoy some beer & whiskey, watch some football and eat meat .

I am working on the menu for this year and I wanted to do some kind of meat on a stick. So I thought MOINK lollipops. A great tasting tailgate type food and who doesn't like meat on a stick? Then I started wondering if I could mix it up and use ground lamb instead.

If you have have ever tried this, I would love to hear from you! I'm trying to decide if I should use my goto lamb seasoning that I use on roasts and chops, or use something different. I also would love to hear any suggestions for a BBQ sauce or glaze.

For flavor reference the current menu is looking like Pastrami sliders, Brisket point burnt ends, Korean rib bites & Smoked turkey chili.

I'm looking forward to reading your suggestions!

I make baked meatballs with lamb, beef, and pork. Many time I sub venison for the lamb and beef, then wild hog for the pork. Brisket fat takes the mixture to 75/25. Egg. Spinach, romano, salt pepper parsley garlic Chipotle and basil are in it. I bake them off and then freeze them.

Comment

No suggestions, sorry. Just wondering what time we should all be there. That menu sounds delicious.

Comment

My first thought was ground gyro meat wrapped around a stick, grilled over the open fire pit and served with a tzatziki sauce. Buy or make (way easy and way better) some pita bread and the guys can just lay their cooked meat lollipop in the folded pita and slide the stick out. Hah, I didn't realize the innuendo of that last sentence until I reread it, but what the heck, it's the Festival of Manliness!

Also, I've made these and they're pretty good. It's lamb pieces, not ground, and more of a kabob style, but it's still meat on a stick: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/274173/lamb-souvlaki/
        Last edited by CaptainMike; December 31, 2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• wu7y
          wu7y commented
          Editing a comment
          You and I are frightfully alike CaptainMike. I come up with those innuendos all the time and sometimes I don't even know it until I get the letter from a lawyer. Good thing I know a little bit about it. Lack of intent can go a long way in a defense (in some cases).

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          That's hilarious wu7y

• efincoop
          efincoop commented
          Editing a comment
          I literally laughed out loud when I read this!

Chicken MOINK balls are a crowd favorite but labor intensive. A good alternative are chicken spiedies. Make up a bunch the day before and cook them for your party.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here